Thread: Profile password extention problem in firefox

Profile password extention problem in firefox

Hello,
    recently I installed the extension profile password, now when i When start firefox it ask for password, I have never defined. I did a System Restore that allows me to open Firefox again but after a new test installation of the extension profilepassword the result was same.

Thank you for your help

Re: Profile password extention problem in firefox

Good evening,

After installing the extension, Starts firefox in Safe Mode and uninstall the Profile password extension. This should remove the password. Then attempts to reinstall the Profile password. if it doent help then Perhaps you should change the profile?

Hi, there is a a small bug in the extension, or an error , you can try that
    The problem is that the option profilepassword.uninstall.delete_password is in two different files.
    C: \ Documents and Settings \ Name\Windows \ Application Data \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ Profiles \ <Name of profile> \ prefs.js. But it is there when it was passed to false.

C: \ Documents and Settings \ <Name Name\Windows> \ Application Data \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ Profiles \ <Name of profile> \ extensions \ (b9615918-d3de-44a4-AB65-76df7ea1f1c1) \ defaults \ preferences \ prefs. js. Normally it is true. Edit the two files. Profilepassword.uninstall.delete_password If the option is false, the move to true. If the option is not in the prefs.js of profile, add:

user_pref "profilepassword.uninstall.delete_password", true)

Uninstall the extension in safe mode in Firefox. Normally the password should be gone.

Hi,
    I finally managed to uninstall that extension, i finally learn that get rid of the password problem is not simple. i criticize firefox for such extension, it is difficult to do better and it is sufficient in some cases.Thank you all for your help.