Thread: What is msdtc.exe ?

What is msdtc.exe ?

Hello,

Can anybody tell me what is the use of program Msdtc.exe in WIN XP, the firewall has detected that the program tried to access the Internet, and I do not know, why it is blocking access.

I appreciate the help of all

Re: What is msdtc.exe ?

This program seems that it is sending information to Microsoft after you install the service pack 1 and the critical updates after installing service pack 1 those that appear to be installed later. Many times in xp it seems to be something that Microsoft has time to check if your windows is valid or not ....

I have a firewall that it accuses me nothing but the port 3049 and requested for this program for some reason do not know why, another may be some kind of Trojan horse (trojan) that tries to enable the port to be a remote control in the machine. I hope someone knows about it. a little deeper but I hope that valid information

Hi,

"msdtc.exe" belongs to Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator. The Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator is a transaction manager which permits client applications to include several different sources of data in one transaction and which then coordinates Committing the distributed transaction across all the servers that are enlisted in the transaction. MSDTC runs on all Windows platforms and is installed by applications which need to use it, such as the Microsoft 's Personal Web Server, or Microsoft SQL Server.

Recommendation: If you have it running, it is probably most needed by a Microsoft Application, so leave it Untouched unless it is definitely causing you problem.

Hi,

It is the Distributed Transaction Coordinator and Application will allow to to do transactional commits to odbc source connected to a remote database. Unless you are linked up with a remote odbc (under DataSources control panel) this service will do nothing. The program can be tweaked via the Component Services snap in and you will be able to assign permissions and access levels there.

There appear to be some sort of spy / adware that uses this exe as its medium - I just recently started having an ad-popup problem (IEX and occasionally hijacked Firefox), this and something called E2E9EAECE9E8E7.exe were the only new things that I noticed after, nuking and this seems to cure the problem.