Thread: Firefox and Internet Explorer Only Works in Safe Mode

Firefox and Internet Explorer Only Works in Safe Mode

Hey Guys,

I'm using Firefox as well as Internet Explorer as my web browser. Jut few days back i had updated Firefox on my system. But there was some problem while updating Firefox. So, i had to turn off my system, but when i rebooted my pc and got back to Firefox it was not working. But i tried using Internet Explorer, it was working fine on my system for that particular day. Now i'm using safemode/networking option on my pc, and bot my browser are working fine. Can any body tell me that how do i get both my browser working on a normal mode? Does any body knows about this issue? Kindly provide me the correct logical solution for the above issue.

Thanks.

Re: Firefox and Internet Explorer Only Works in Safe Mode

If your Firefox is working in safe mode, then the problem is in relation to an application on your computer that is impacting Firefox. It's causing the problem since Safe Mode does not use any unessential drivers, dll's, etc that a regular boot uses to load. You need to turn off your

Do you have an Internet Security version of any anti-virus program on your system? Because they have firewalls and other programs such as Parental Controls that can impact browsing. These Internet Security programs kill Internet browsing from time to time. It's better to avoid such Internet Security programsand try to use another separate Firewall programs such as AVG,McAfee etc.

This type of issue occurs only when there are some real time protection programs on your pc, which can interfere with any fixes while trying to run the browser on your pc. If you have any other protection on your pc, you need to disabled them from your system.

I found that my Norton internet security, which had been disabled by a malware virus was causing the problem on my machine. I had to download the Norton removal tool, remove the Norton internet security product, and then reinstall it. Firefox works great now.

hey guys
    Me too had same problem
    i created an new account it worked out finely
    you may find worms in this loactions
    C:\Documents and Settings\Sridhar\Cookies\sridhar@ad.yieldmanager[2].txt:\ad.yieldmanager.com.ff92306";"Found Tracking cookie.Yieldmanager"
    Last edited by sridhar2rok; 14-03-2010 at 11:12 AM.