Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to find IP address of a website visitor

Technology & Internet

Old 07-05-2009

How to find IP address of a website visitor

hello friends,

I am managing a website and everyday many users visit my website for the information they need. Is there anyway I can find the IP address of my website visitors ? how can I find that ? This is for security reasons.....
plz help me giving some ideas......thanks

Old 07-05-2009

Re: How to find IP address of a website visitor

To view the IP address of a visitor on your site, add this code in the area where you want it displayed.

<?

echo $ _SERVER [ "REMOTE_ADDR"];

>
Old 07-05-2009

Re: How to find IP address of a website visitor

Finding the IP address of your website visitors may be useful for many reasons, such as tracking site usage or blocking access to specific people.

Here's how you can find it.
In an ASP page, within the ASP tags, <% ... %>, you can retrieve the IP address of a user through the ServerVariables collection of the Request object. To do this, you use the code Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR")

<%@language="VBScript"%>
<%
Response.Write "Hello! Your IP Address is: " & Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR")
%>

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , ,