Thread: Hotmail doesn't get open on Firefox 3.0.1

Hotmail doesn't get open on Firefox 3.0.1

Hello Friends,

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. I used Firefox as my web browser. Recently i had installed Firefox 3.0.1 on my system. The problem is that Firefox 3.0.1 doesn't load the Hotmail website on my system. I cannot open the Hotmail page by using Firefox 3.0.1. If i try to open Hotmail by using Internet Explorer 7, i'm able to open it on my system. Can any body tell me that why i can't open Hotmail on Firefox 3.0.1? Kindly help me out to get rid of the above issue.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Hotmail doesn't get open on Firefox 3.0.1

Check for a modified user and fix Firefox so that you can access your Hotmail. In the Firefox address bar type in "about:config" (without the quotes). You'll get a list of all your settings. Customizations should be in bold type. Then look for "general.useragen.override". If it's there, then right click and then select "Reset". If it isn't, then make sure that "general.useragent.vendor" is set to "Firefox" and click "Reset" if not. Then at last, close out Firefox then bring it back up. See if you can get into Hotmail now.

I think you should uninstall Firefox from your system, and then reinstalled it back on your system. And then check out whether you can open the Hotmail or not on your pc.

Open your Firefox, then go to Tools, in that select Options, then click on Cookies and select Exceptions. It may be that the site your are trying to access may be listed in this particular list. This is nothing but a block list which may not be allowing you to access Hotmail website. If you find any exception, clear the list and then try to open Hotmail. I think now you will able to access Hotmail on your system.