Thread: Move Bookmarks inbetween Browsers

Move Bookmarks inbetween Browsers

Currently, I am using Internet Explorer as my internet web browser. I am looking to change my web browser to Opera. I have saved many useful bookmarks in my IE. Can I move these bookmarks to Opera when I start ? how can I do that ? please give some ideas....thanks a lot

Re: Move Bookmarks inbetween Browsers

There is an application called "Transmute" that will serve your need of transferring or moving your favorite bookmarks to diffrent browsers.

Transmute is a freeware bookmark conversion utility. This amazing, cross-platform utility will help you to try out different web browsers, synchronize bookmarks between systems, organize bookmarks, convert bookmarks for use in bookmark managers, share bookmarks with others and more.

OS supported - Transmute runs on the following operating systems :
    Windows, Linux and Mac OS X!

Transmute is the first and only bookmark converter that enables you to export bookmarks or favorites, between all the major web browsers :

• Google Chrome
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • Microsoft Internet Explorer
    • Opera
    • Apple Safari
    • Chromium
    • Flock
    • Konqueror

Transmute is FREE small portable program which will let you export bookmarks into another browser seamlessly. Download Transmute
    Transmute lets you export your bookmarks inbetween the browsers like Safari, Firefox2+ ,Firefox3+,Internet Explorer, Chromium, Google Chrome, Sea Monkey etc.

The process of using transmute is very simple. After downloading, you just need to run transmute. Then select the source browser from where you want to import the bookmarks and select the target browser where you want to export the bookmarks and then select the export button.

Note: Make sure that both the browsers source and the target browser are closed at the point when you run transmute.

Transmute is an excellent tool - a bookmark converter that can import and export bookmarks, or favorites, between the latest web browser bookmark formats such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari, Konqueror, Chromium, Flock, SeaMonkey and XBEL.

When I downloaded and installed the application in my PC, it installs the icons in the root of the Start Menu and the desktop without asking the user. Some users may find this arrogant. But for me it's perfectly OK. The best thing I like about this tool is that it supports all the latest web browsers and their latest versions....