Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2009

How to find IP Address of any URL

Hi friends,

I want to get some IP Address of some of the sites, I have try to ask some of my friends they told it possible but they also don't have any idea whats steps are to be followed for getting an IP address of any site.I try to find it on internet but didn't got any proper response. Can anyone provide me a perfect solution for it.
Old 06-05-2009

Re: How to find IP Address of any URL

To find Web site IP addresses you can find it on WHOIS system. WHOIS is a database that tracks registration information for all Web sites including the owner and IP address.

To look up Web site IP addresses with WHOIS you can visit whois.net,whoislookup.ie, etc.
Old 06-05-2009

There is one more way of finding it by using command prompt following are the steps for the same.
  1. Click on Start.

2. Type cmd in Run option and press Enter.

3. Now Command prompt will get Open over here type ping [websitename] and again press enter.
    For example if i want to get IP address of yahoo.com then i will type ping www.yahoo.com and will press enter.In the next line you will get the IP address of the desire website.
Old 06-05-2009

goto run ,type cmd and now type nslookup
now prompt like > will appear
now type the url of desired website you will get ip address
Old 09-05-2009

If you want you can also see the Ip address for any website using nslookup.For that you need to goto command prompt by typing cmd in Run Option and over here you need to type nslookup www.techarena.in and Press Enter.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , ,