Thread: Internet Explorer 8 doesn't store internet files

Internet Explorer 8 doesn't store internet files

Hello Everyone,

Some few days back i had upgraded my Internet Explorer 7 to Internet Explorer 8. The problem is that it doesn't stored the internet files on my computer. Whenever i close the internet windows it gets erased. Another thing is that whenever i try to get login, i have to re-enter my password again and again. Can any body tell me that how do i get rid of the above problem? Any kind of help on teh above issue would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Internet Explorer 8 doesn't store internet files

Turn on AutoComplete and AutoComplete's history:

1. In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

2. On the Content tab, in the AutoComplete section, click Settings. In the AutoComplete Settings dialog box, clear the appropriate check boxes for the AutoComplete options you do not wish to use, and then click OK.

3. Don't clear AutoComplete or web address history, click the General tab. Under Browsing History and remove check mark from the box.

Choose Tools-->Internet Options-->Content, then click the Settings button next to AutoComplete. Check the box next to Feeds, and click OK and then OK again. Now when you use the Address Bar, information from RSS feeds will be displayed as well.

InPrivate Browsing in Windows Internet Explorer 8 helps protect data and privacy by preventing the browsing history, temporary Internet files, form data, cookies, and usernames/passwords from being stored or retained locally by the browser, leaving virtually no evidence of the user's browsing or search history.

You can start InPrivate Browsing in Internet Explorer 8 from the new Safety menu,by selecting Start InPrivate Browsing from a New Tab page, or at a command prompt. A new Internet Explorer 8 window will open with an InPrivate indicator displayed to the left of the Address bar.You end an InPrivate session by simply closing the browser window. If you want to always have your browsing history deleted, see "Delete browsing history on exit."

During an InPrivate Browsing session, files that you save to your hard disk and websites you add to your Favorites are preserved. Also, it is important to note that InPrivate Browsing does not limit data from being collected by a router, Internet Service Provider (ISP), wireless Internet hotspot operators, or any spyware you might have unknowingly installed on your computer. You can disable InPrivate Browsing by using Parental Controls in Windows Vista, or Windows Live Family Safety on Windows XP. Network administrators can disable InPrivate Browsing through Group Policy.

For added privacy control, Internet Explorer 8 also disables toolbars and extensions by default when InPrivate Browsing sessions are started. This setting can be turned off under the Privacy tab on the Internet Options property sheet.