Thread: Unable to open Internet Properties or attach files to my e-mail in Internet Explorer 8

sad Unable to open Internet Properties or attach files to my e-mail in Internet Explorer 8

Hey Guys,

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. Recently i had downloaded Internet Explorer 8 on my pc. After installing Internet Explorer 8 on my system, when i tried to open Internet Explorer 8 on my system, i was unable to open it. So i tried to do a system restore on my pc. After doing a system restore i'm not able to open Internet Properties on IE. Also when i try to attach any file through an email, nothing happened. Can any body tell me that what can i do to get rid of the above issue? Any suggestion on the above problem would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to open Internet Properties or attach files to my e-mail in Internet Explorer 8

Do you get any error messages when you attempt to open email attachments? Do you use a third party antivirus/internet security suite like McAfee or Norton? There have been some reported issues with both McAfee and Norton preventing email attachments from being opened after upgrading to IE8. Here are a couple of preliminary steps you can do:

• Click Start, select Default Programs
    • Click Set program access and computer defaults
    • Click Custom, and select your mail client (for example, Windows Mail)
    • Click OK

The next steps are going to seem very similar but they are slightly different.
    • Click on the blue Vista Start button and in the Start Serach box type in: Default
    • Click on the Default Programs icon that appears at the top of the Start Menu.
    • Click on Set your Default Programs and set Outlook (or your email client) as the default email program.

If these steps fix the problem then we are done.

Re: Unable to open Internet Properties or attach files to my e-mail in Internet Explorer 8

Sounds more like the files have been corrupted (now what were you doing the in control panel. A clean install of Internet Explorer will more than likely solve the problem.