Thread: How do you make Firefox run like chrome

How do you make Firefox run like chrome

Hi All!

My computer is running firefox & google chrome but some feature in firefox i use is not working with chrome so didcided to work only with firefox, but hte features that chrome has is full with user comfort.

So i was wondering if the same feature comes with firefox then it will be easy for user to choose firefox as the default browser of the computer.

I know firefox is really customizable, I just don't know how to get it to be like that.

Please Help...!

Re: How do you make Firefox run like chrome

Make Firefox Look Like Google Chrome

Want to make your Firefox theme look like Google Chrome? Barely days after Google chrome browser was launched, the Firefox community has developed an extension to give your the same appearance.

Get the Chromifox firefox extension, called a “coat of Chrome for Firefox”. Its is a bright and soft blue theme for Firefox 3 on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X, and is inspired by the appearance of the Google Chrome web browser.

Download Chromifox.

The theme developer points out that some third party extensions may not work. Also note that the Google Chrome features tabs on top, but that is not possible with Chromifox because “it takes an unreliable CSS hack to accomplish that change. Also, believe me I already know that tabs you open in the background will appear “disconnected” from the other tabs. This is a limitation in the Firefox tab binding, and for now, I can’t find a way around it.”

Chrome Package is another firefox extension, that is a hack of the Chromifox theme, to enable Google Chrome lookalike mode in Firefox. I am sure someone out there is busy designing another great theme to mimic Google Chrome.

Re: How do you make Firefox run like chrome

Run Firefox Like Chrome

You could say I was a bit surprise that this didn't come to mind in terms of browsers mimicking others, even though you can theme to make them look like other browsers. Thus the reason for this topic and that is making firefox act like Chrome through a few plugins.

Stealther

This extension is supposed to mimic incognito browser so now you can do all your secret evil things in firefox now without being caught.

Download Status Bar

I am a big fan of this extension and been using it for a few months now and so its benefits are very useful and you won't get that download window popping up on you.

Locationbar² 1.0.3

All this extension does is highlight the main url and to help prevent spoofing. I know IE8 and Chrome use it built into the browsers, not to sure on Opera has something similar.

Download Locationbar² 1.0.3

Speed Dial

If your an Opera user you should know this extension very well and basically its mini browsers within a browser and thus cutting out the use for tabs entirely.

Download Speed Dial

Prism

With this extension basically you doing what Chrome and IE8 are doing and making a whole new process and so you wouldn't have to worry about firefox crashing and losing everything. Although it don't really matter since firefox has a good recovery system and should be able to recover most data.

Download Prism

Resizeable Textarea

Although I am somewhat familiar with this extension chrome has this built in and I be making a topic about tips, tricks and Easter eggs about Chrome shortly. As for the extension itself basically you turn a small text area into a large one by dragging from one of its corners and so if your commenting on something and the text area is small you can make it bigger.

Download Resizeable Textarea

Peer's

Now I am big fan of this extension because of hte fact you can expand the search function even more in firefox and you can get the first 8 results based on your keywords.

So if your not a fan of Chrome, like me, then you can at least mimic it until another version of Chrome comes out.

Download Peer's