Thread: Unable to send file over AIM

Unable to send file over AIM

Hello,

I am using AIM messenger to communicate with my friends, it works normally when we only communicate with each other but it get scrambled when i try to send some files over it, it gets stuck for very long time to send file over there,what may be problem with it, I couldn't guess anything positive out of it.

Please help

Thanks

Re: Unable to send file over AIM

If you will do what I say then you will need not to be depend upon any messenger, IF all problems with sending large files you may solve with My Remote Files program. It organizes remote access to PC files through usual web browser. With it you don’t have to send documents by email. You only install the program, create new user account, allow access to definite folder (different to different user). At needed time you simply put files to this folder, and send email to recipient with username, password and address of login page. Due to small size of this message, it will get quickly to receiver mail box, even if your, his/her or intermediate mail servers are overloaded. Later, when it’s more convenient, he or she can login to your PC from any web browser and download necessary documents by secure connection. That’s all.

so should I suggest you....

Here it is: My Remote Files is an application which does the above thing.

It may happen that the file you been trying to send would be a corrupted one, try sending another file, or you may try re-installing an same application again, because of some reason it might not be working.

Because of some following problem your file transfer could not be successful.

• Sending and receiving, and monitoring the transfer of, more than one file at a time is wretchedly awkward and difficult
    • File transfers can't be resumed either, which is disastrous when the transfer of a large file is interrupted
    • There is no bandwidth throttling - neither for file transfer in general nor for specific files
    • It is very easy to cancel a file transfer accidentally and there is no confirmation prompt
    • Received files are not sorted by user, making things very confusing, especially with files with similar filenames
    • It blocks so-called dangerous file types, but even if you want to accept them you cannot: they tell you you can unblock them, but you have to rightclick them and go to properties and select unblock, which is not possible, since the files are removed from view after blocking; there is no whitelist for file transfers
    • The speed of the file transfer and the time left to completion are unknown to the user
    • Sometimes after the file transfer is completed, the file cannot be found