Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can't download Gmail attachments

Technology & Internet

Old 27-04-2009

Can't download Gmail attachments

Hello!

I'm in XP and Firefox , I can not open attachments sent to me via Gmail!

How to solve this problem?

Thank you for your answers!

Old 27-04-2009

Re: Can't download Gmail attachments

Google usually checks the attachments for viruses before displaying the "Download" link, so maybe there's a problem with that.

Some workarounds:
  • Non-AJAX version of Gmail
  • click on "View as HTML" next to the attachment and then click on "Download the original attachment" at the top of the new page.
Old 27-04-2009

If after clicking Download nothing happens, the file doesn't download completely, or the file can't be opened, there may be a conflict with software on your computer, a browser cache that needs to be cleared, or a temporary problem on the Gmail server.

Internet security, firewall and anti-virus applications can prevent Gmail from working correctly.

Add mail.google.com to site exceptions list of your Antivirus.

More help.
Old 27-04-2009

I have been having the same issue and found that is related to my antivirus software. I was using bitdefender 2008 and had no issues. I switched to bitdefender antivirus 2009 and immediately lost the ability to download attachments. I reverted back to 2008 and problem was fixed.

Another thing to consider is new Anti-Phishing software.
Old 14-07-2011

ThumbsUp Re: Can't download Gmail attachments

I have resolved the issue of not being able to download and open attachments in Gmail (at least on my PC). The issue occurs when I use IE but NOT when I use Google Chrome! So much for MS and Google offering stupid ideas about emptying browsing history etc.
Old 15-07-2011

Hi Frana,

Which version of Internet Explorer are you using? If you were using the Internet Explorer 9 version then I have heard that it lacks features for it and is unsupported. However if you revert back to the Internet Explorer 8 version then try the solution given below:
Under internet options, advanced, under security uncheck the " do not save encrypted files to disk".

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , ,