Thread: Greasemonkey not working on Firefox 5.0

Greasemonkey not working on Firefox 5.0

I have frequently work with the editing of the html tags and the make changes on the html web page , but I have really a hard time trying to do this as every time you have to close the browser and then edit the html content that I have and then reopen the browser or just refresh the page , so I found out a way through which I can do this on a fly and I installed grease monkey but ,it is not working on my browser .

Re: Greasemonkey not working on Firefox 5.0

The first thing I think that you should know about the grease monkey editor is that there are hundreds of version of Greasemonkey there are currently been used, as this is used by many developer that work with html. SO just check if the version that you have downloaded is compatible with the web browser that you are using. As there is a different HTML web page content loaded on the DOM content loaded event which is used for updating the script immediately.

I immediately installed Firefox 4 and become aware of the similar thing. a number of of my scripts are still operational, reminiscent of my decoration counter, refer comment, and many other. The solitary ones so as to give the impression to be having a difficulty is my immediate Comment. The Quick Comment works in the common sense that I can change and attach fresh comments, although it doesn't place them into the comment box.

I am using Greasemonkey and Firefox on Linux and it works perfectly fine while using this , but there are still some bugs with the firefox 5 , so I suggest you to better stick with firefox 4 till the developers from Mozilla release a stable version of firefox 5 , Everything else work fine just check the with the settings that you are using. I don’t have any problem here except the pooldate is the only one that is not working .

This problem might not be with the Firefox as I have installed this on the beta version and that works perfectly fine with the beta version so the issues that are happening with this is out of question . But ,as far as I have been using it since 3 years now and my experience says that there is a serious issue with the XML http Request wrapper in the Greasemonkey . I have also confirmed this with the developers of the Greasemonkey and they say that there would release a update soon, but this is not the script s fault.

AS the above user told that there is no problem with the fire fox 5.0 , I completely agree with him as I have installed it successfully with it and there is no problem with working of this , also I haven ‘t notice any error with the wrapper class that I have used. Just check if you are using the right version and that your grease monkey extension is properly updated. I love this helps you the. Post me back if the problem still persists

There might be a problem if and only if you have updated firefox 4 to firefox 5 . with the extension , so I suggest you that just un-install this and then try again. And start with a fresh install the latest firefox 5.0 that you have just installed .after that install the latest version of the Greasemonkey that is available for firefox and that should know work with it . If then too this is not working then you might need to clear the previous registry file that are there.

Hey thank you that worked for me, I just modified the solution that you gave the I un-installed the updated version and then ran registry check and cleared the all the registry and the .dll file associated with this and then cleared them using CCleaner after that I installed fresh copy of Firefox that I had just downloaded and then worked fine work me .Thank for all the time you guys removed for me .

You can use scriptish instead of greasemonkey , works ok too

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor999 View Post
    You can use scriptish instead of greasemonkey , works ok too
    I had the same problem with firefox 6, once installed greasemonkey was dead. Looking in google found another, scriptish, work faster than greasemonkey and accept even the firefox 7 (?). Now my firefox is faster and with less frozen screens as before.