Thread: How to setup a website

How to setup a website

Hi,

I want to start my own small and simple website, basically to write my own articles and tips. What will be the procedure to do this? How much bucks i have to spend? what will be my requirements?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: How to setup a website

Simple steps:

STEP 1: Register Domain Name

There are plenty of companies that let you register a domain name online. First, you'll have to check that the name you want is available - again, you can do this online. Registration is cheap: typically around £10 a year. It is usual to register your domain with the same hosting company that provides your webspace.

STEP 2: Get a Webspace:

Webspace is space on a computer owned by a hosting company. It is set up so that anyone who types your domain name into their browser will be connected to your webspace. You'll be able to rent enough space for a good-sized site for around £200 per annum.

STEP 3: Sign-up for web hosting account

I don't act as an agent for any hosting company, because I prefer to be able to give independent advice. Obviously, situations can change, but two companies that offer good value hosting are Webfusion and 1&1.

STEP 4: Point your domain name to web hosting account

STEP 5: Design your web pages

Here you have a few different options.

• Get a website-building program and do it yourself. While this might work for your dried bug page, if you are unsure of your design eye and ability, then it's probably not the best choice if you're trying to make a sharp, professional impression (especially if you're trying to get people to part with their money).
    • Learn a programming language (or two, or three) and build a website from scratch.
      • HTML is incredibly easy to learn, and if you're up to it, you'll be able to tweak your web design any way you want, and you won't have to pay anybody else to update or change your site.
      • XHTML is the new web language set by W3C's standards. Almost identical to HTML, it follows a stricter set of rules for marking up information - what this means, for the most part, is minor changes to the way you write code.
      • CSS, which stands for "Cascading Style Sheets", gives more flexibility for styling the HTML.
      • A browser sided scripting language, such as JavaScript, allows you to make your page interactive.
      • A server sided scripting language (PHP, ASP with JavaScript or VB Script or Python) can be used to make things on your site move and edit or create forums.
      • AJAX (Asynchronous JavaScript and XML) is a technique of using a browser sided language and a server sided language to make the page get new information from the server without refreshing the page, often greatly reducing user wait time and vastly improving the user's experience but increasing bandwidth usage. Think of the possibilities: you could probably make a web based instant messaging service!

• Hire a professional. This is the best option for more advanced sites, especially e-commerce sites.

STEP 6: Publish or Upload of web pages

You can set up a website using some free website providers. Just signs up, choose a site template and fill content. You can own your site without programming.

If you are ready to take the risk of website get hacking and all then you have to create it manually as per above procedures.

Also See to this PDF file: How to Setup a website

Thanks for the help guys, i'll take a look to every procedure. There is one more question is how soon i can make my website monetize? means how soon it will generate revenue for me? Thanks for help

There are many adsense are available for this
    Like Google Adsense: https://www.google.com/adsense/login...sPsrPx0vD9NI1Q

This may be the most common method people use to monetize websites, especially those new to online home business. That's because it's so easy to get started. But just because it's easy to use AdSense, doesn't mean it's easy to make money with it. Find out what spells success with this method.

Google Adsense is the king of contextual advertising, but they're not the only game in town. Explore some of the other companies that offer contextual advertising, such as Kontera, Yahoo Publisher, etc.

To add your website url (website adress) to www.google.com is very easy, just visit the following web address and then input the data they ask you to:

Google add website url
    http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl

Also read this: Google AdSense Terms and Conditions