Thread: Yahoo! Messenger Error Code 40031

Yahoo! Messenger Error Code 40031

Hello,

My problem sound like this ... last 3 to contacts that I added in the list can not change any field in the Contact Details (in my case and First name Last name) because I get the following error:

Error says:
    The last Address Book operation did not succeed due to a server error. (Error Code: -40031)
    First I said to try to change the name from the Address Book from Yahoo! Mail go from there, but when I login back on messenger, I list all show their ID and <First Name> <Last Name> +, and if you go back in Address Book changes remained saved.

I see that the contacts can oldest to change the name without any problem.
    Besides this, many of you know, receive this error before on a recently added contact I have done the same (as in Yahoo! Mail) and now, after a while, I see that it displays correctly (firstname LastName) so maybe the problem is a temporary

If anyone has faced such a problem with waiting anxiously few answers.

Thanks!

Re: Yahoo! Messenger Error Code 40031

Please login on the mail, go to contacts and delete them from there. Please login and then the messenger, add new contacts you want and you can edit them without showing the error.

Before you delete the first mail I've edited there and now I see that appear ok and in the list.

Error code 40402 is something sent back to the Messenger from Yahoo! Address Book system when you are trying to make a change to the contact. The code translates to: Requested contact to be updated or deleted does not exist. The contact does not exist.

So my guess is that the contact was already deleted from your Address Book but not from your Messenger list. In that case, I recommend right clicking on the contact in your Messenger list, choosing "Delete" and then not checking the box that says "Delete from Address Book too. That should remove it from your Messenger list and it's already gone from your address book. If needed, you can go to http://address.yahoo.com/ to make sure as well.

thalia Guest

I've had several Yahoo problems with my contact list. I'm guessing your error is similar and it's a Yahoo problem. I'd try again later and see if perhaps it just clears itself up. I doubt it will take more than a day or two and it will work again.