Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 21-04-2009

angry Get 'Data Execution Prevention' warning in Internet Explorer 8

Hello Everybody,

I'm running Windows Xp on my system. Recently i had installed Internet Explorer 8 on my system. After installing Internet Explorer 8 on my system i had rebooted my pc, but after turning on my pc when i tried to open Internet Explorer 8 on my pc , i got the warning message from "Data Execution Prevention" which prevented IE8 from opening. I don't know but its not allowing me to open Internet Explorer 8 on my pc. Can any one tell me that why i'm having such problem on my pc? Why i can't open Internet Explorer 8 on my pc? Does any body knows about this issue? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Would be grateful to you if any body helps me out to resolve the above problem.

Thanks in advance.
Old 21-04-2009

Re: Get 'Data Execution Prevention' warning in Internet Explorer 8

The cause is that some of the Internet Explorer 8 registry keys were not removed when it was uninstalled. These keys do not affect the operation of Internet Explorer 6 or Internet Explorer 7.

To resolve this error, delete the following registry keys:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GPExtensions\]

{7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE} = Internet Explorer User Accelerators

{CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D} = Internet Explorer Machine Accelerator
Old 21-04-2009

Often, these types of exploits are delivered through ActiveX controls, software modules that are based on Microsoft's Component Object Model (COM) architecture. ActiveX controls are kind of like miniature applications that can act as browser plug-ins. Essentially, they allow a website to interact directly with Windows and to perform functions that would be impossible using standard HTML code or scripting techniques.

Unfortunately, completely blocking ActiveX controls isn't really an option. There are a lot of perfectly legitimate websites that depend on them. In fact, Microsoft itself makes extensive use of ActiveX controls. Often when you download a patch or utility for Windows Vista, the website containing the download performs a check to make sure you are running a properly licensed version of Vista. This license check uses ActiveX controls.
Old 21-04-2009

I would suggest you that uninstall Internet Explorer 8 from your system and install Firefox or Opera on your system. As both are fast and easy to use. As Internet Explorer 8 reviews suggest that it is not up to the mark and its not so good as compare to other previous version of Internet Explorer.
Old 04-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwar View Post
Hello Everybody,

I'm running Windows Xp on my system. Recently i had installed Internet Explorer 8 on my system. After installing Internet Explorer 8 on my system i had rebooted my pc, but after turning on my pc when i tried to open Internet Explorer 8 on my pc , i got the warning message from "Data Execution Prevention" which prevented IE8 from opening. I don't know but its not allowing me to open Internet Explorer 8 on my pc. Can any one tell me that why i'm having such problem on my pc? Why i can't open Internet Explorer 8 on my pc? Does any body knows about this issue? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Would be grateful to you if any body helps me out to resolve the above problem.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, Anwar,

I had the same problem. Here's my solution:

Start IE 8 without add-ons

Open Tools > Internet Options > Advanced

Pull slide down to bottom...

... you will find:

"Enable memory protection to help mitigate online attacks."

Remove check mark (now disabled)

Close IE 8; start IE 8 the usual way.

See here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...30(VS.85).aspx

Dan
Old 07-06-2009

Dan...read your post while searching my problem

yours was the perfect solution!

I joined this site just to post this reply........

Dan "your the Man!"

Thanks, Jim

no I can go back to my life..................
Old 31-07-2009

Okay…. try this quick fix... works in Vista and XP

control panel/internet options/advanced/reset inertnet explorer settings = click reset

Part of the process disables addons… job done!

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: ,