Thread: How to surf offline

How to surf offline

hi
    i am student and i love to surf through internet but due to time ristriction its hard to possible so i am looking to surf offline like any application that download that web site and i can work on that later. is that possible ?
    thank you

Re: How to surf offline

yes its is possible to surf offline but that will download complete website pages on your storage,i have never tried it so dont know the application for it .

you can try SurfOffline 2.0 - Offline browser

Main program features

* Downloading up to 100 files simultaneously
    * Downloading up to 400000 files in one project.
    * Downloading entire websites (including images, video, audio, etc.)
    * Preparing downloaded websites for writing to a CD and DVD
    * Downloading password protected web pages and password protected websites (HTTP and FTP authentication)
    * The built-in browser and the support of sessions and cookies allow you to download sites protected with web form passwords.

Supporting up-to-date Internet technologies

SurfOffline supports the following technologies, which allows you to download most websites.

SurfOffline:

* Supports the main Internet protocols: HTTP and FTP
    * Downloads websites via the secure protocol HTTPS (SSL)
    * Supports connections via proxy servers (HTTP, FTP and Socks proxy)
    * Supports HTTP and FTP authentication
    * Supports sessions and cookies
    * Supports CSS, CSS2, Macromedia Flash and JavaScript parsing

Powerful site download settings

SurfOffline provides advanced users with powerful features concerning specifying site download settings:

* Simulating a regular browser while downloading websites. You can specify what browser identification information the program will send to the server (Agent Identity, for example, Netscape Navigator or Mozilla).
    * Filtering files of various types. Website ripper ability. (For example, you can configure your project so that the software downloads only images and videos from a website without downloading any other files)
    * URL filters allows you to specify website areas that should not be downloaded or configure downloading content from linked websites. Also, URL filters allow you to disable protocols that you do not need.

but i think that is not much good idea as it depends on your internet connection and updated thing will be missing ...!!

Offline Explorer is the Windows offline browser application which allows you to download entire websites to your local disk. It supports all modern Internet technologies and is web site downloader the most competitive offline browser.

It supports streaming protocols RTSP://, PNM://, MMS:// and MMST:// which enables you to record streaming media - download streaming video, record webcasts, and record streaming audio. Support of Flash animation allows you to download websites which are written in Flash. Our offline web browser can process java scripts and many other files, like PDF, CSS, XML, Flash, VRML to extract all links that are hidden on Web pages.
    With Offline Explorer you can:

* copy web sites to CD
    * prepare a presentation to show websites offline
    * capture streaming video & audio (download rtsp, download ram files, mms download)
    * download web sites of high complexity
    * Edit downloaded files to make a web site copy for your Intranet
    * Note! It is the only web downloader which includes an Internal server to emulate the real web offline
    * if you do not know how to save a website using the Project Properties, you can use the AutoSave mode to save web pages as you browse them online

You should definitely try out NCollector Studio, which is by far the best application I've ever used for creating offline browsable copies of websites.

It's both powerful and easy to use at the same time. Highly recommended!