Thread: SG TCP Optimizer

SG TCP Optimizer

I just now asked about TCP Optimizer and got some nice explanation here. I had the setup for SG TCP Optimizer given by my friend and I tried it on my office machine. Now I want to uninstall it from this machine because it is an office machine. But there is no option for uninstall this SG TCP Optimizer. Since TCP Optimizer makes registry changes in windows, I want it to get removed from my office machine. I installed just to try it out and will like to use it at my home PC. So, how can uninstall this SG TCP Optimizer from this machine and bring back it to its original registry settings?

Thanks!

Re: SG TCP Optimizer

The SG TCP Optimizer does not need to be installed or uninstalled. In order to remove it completely from your system, simply delete the executable file TCPOptimizer.exe and that's it.

Ok, so you mean that it is not installed on the system, just an exe runs and make the changes. Fine! But then, isn't there any files copied to the Windows directories when I make some changes through it? And what about the registry chnges, how to revert them back?

The program does not copy any file in any Windows directory, and it does not appear in the "Add/Remove Programs" section of Control Panel. To revert any changes made to your system using the TCP Optimizer, go in its "File" pull-down menu and choose "Restore Windows Default Settings".

Restoring "previous" settings restores the state to a previously saved point before any changes made by the TCP optimizer, not necessarily the Windows default. The "Windows default" settings restores TCP/IP related settings to the default Windows state, before any tweaking (whether done by the SG TCP Optimizer, manually, or using another tweaking tool).
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.