Thread: How do i save the Bookmarks in Internet Explorer 8

idea How do i save the Bookmarks in Internet Explorer 8

Hello Everyone,

Recently i had upgraded my web browser to Internet Explorer. It has a very good features in it. The problem is that i'm unable to save bookmarks in Internet Explorer 8. Can any one tell me that how do i save bookmarks in Internet Explorer 8? Does any body knows about it? Kindly suggest me teh logical steps to save my bookmarks in Internet Explorer 8.

Thanks.

alex.john95 Guest

Re: How do i save the Bookmarks in Internet Explorer 8

Bookmakrs are called Favorites in Internet Explorer terminology.

To save a bookmark, simply click on the Star icon with the green arrow on the Favorites bar on IE8. It will create a bookmark for the current tab and place it on the Favorites tab.

Shareaholic is a free tool that enables you to quickly, and very easily share, bookmark, and e-mail web pages via a wide array of your favorite web 2.0 social networking, bookmarking, blogging, and e-mail services.

You use Internet Explorer and often save websites you like as bookmarks or favorites. Internet Explorer usually saves them to the default folder 'C:\ Documents and Settings\username\ Favorites' but you would prefer a specific location of your choice. Internet:Explorer does not offer the option to change the default location for favorites.

The path to the Favorites folder is stored by Internet Explorer in the Windows registry, where you can edit it. It is best to first close your browser and copy the Favorites folder to the new location you want to use. Now, click on 'Start I Run', type 'regedit' and press [Enter]. In the registry editor, open the key 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Microsoft\ Wi ndows\Cu rrentVersion\ Explorer\Shell Folders\'.

In the right pane of the window, double click on 'Favorites' and in the dialog box, enter the new path to the bookmark. Close it with 'OK'. Then do the same thing with the key 'HKEY_ CU RR E NT_USE R\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ Explorer\ UserShell Folders\'. After restarting, Internet Explorer will pick up your folder structure from the new location now save all the bookmarks you create there.

Del.icio.us Buttons for Internet Explorer 1.0.8 description

Del.icio.us Buttons for Internet Explorer is a free IE add-on that makes it easier to use the del.icio.us social bookmarking service from within Internet Explorer. It adds two buttons which make it easy to save new favorites on del.icio.us and access your existing favorites.