Thread: How can I change my font in hotmail?

How can I change my font in hotmail?

Hello,

When i recives emails from my friends they formats emails in various different formats. I'm not able to find this how they does this? I'm not finding any option to format my fonts in Hotmail.

Please show me procedure for it. Thank you.

Re: How can I change my font in hotmail?

• Use Rich-Text formatting in messages to change the size of fonts, the color and the style and add background color and emoticons.
    • Click the "Mail" tab, click "New" to compose a new message and then click "Tools." Check Rich-Text Editor "ON." If the icons are visible in the tool box in your New Mail page, and the dropdown menu says Rich-Text Editor OFF, then Rich-Text Editor is already on.
    • Click on the "Font Size" icon in the "New" or "Reply" box before you write your email. Choose from a tiny to a very large font size.
    • Change the appearance of the type by clicking on "Font Style." Choose from serif, sans serif or a "handwriting" style.
    • Change the appearance of incoming messages by clicking on "Options" in the upper right hand corner. On the left side of the page, click "Mail." Click on "Mail Display Settings" to change the number of messages it shows and to adjust other options.

To change the font used for the body of your Hotmail message

• Click New Message on your MSN Hotmail Today page.
    • Make sure you have enabled the rich-text editor.
    • Click on Font Style in the formatting toolbar.
    • Use the menu that comes up to select the desired font.

If you don't like any of the fonts or have clicked on Font Style by mistake, you can exit the dialog without changing your font by clicking on the x in the top right corner.

You can also apply any font to part of your Hotmail message body later:

• Highlight the text you want to assign a different font to with your mouse.
    • Select a font using the Font Style menu.

Note: if you send a message using custom fonts from Hotmail, be sure the recipient appreciates it and is able to receive emails in HTML format.

Hi,
    I only have a choice of about 6 fonts, and non are cursive... can I add fonts, or is there some other way to choose from more than the 6 standard fonts?

You can download font into a zip file. You should open it and go for the one of True Type Font file.

I understand how to download fonts and get them into Windows (I have downloaded many fonts) but I can't figure out how to change my font in hotmail. The fonts I downloaded are available for for Word or Publisher but when I'm in hotmail, I only have a choice of about 6 fonts for my email/signature... and none of them are script (for the signature). I see how to change to any of the 6 fonts provided by hotmail, but I was hoping to change to a more interesting font, but cannot figure out how to do it.

thanks for any ideas....