Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Fix a Crashing Internet Explorer in Vista

Technology & Internet

Old 10-04-2009

Fix a Crashing Internet Explorer in Vista

i am having Vista system at my home. I facing some problem with Internet Explorer.

When i try to use Internet Explorer, it does not work quite right. It works for a while, but then it stop and restart unexpectedly and sometimes i receive an error message.

I think IE is crashed. Someone can help me how to fix this problem ?

Old 10-04-2009

Re: Fix a Crashing Internet Explorer in Vista

This is usually caused by a bad or corrupted add-on. Make sure that you have the latest version of the add-on installed.Anyways.. First try to reset internet explorer,try this steps to fix it:-

1. Open Internet Explorer.

2. Click on Tools and Internet Options. If you cannot open IE, then open the Control Panel (Classic View) and click on the Internet Options icon.

3. Click on the Advanced tab.

4. Click on the Reset button.

5. Click on Reset to confirm the reset.You will need to do the Apply Actions in Windows Defender if it's icon pops up in the notification area. Just click on the icon.

6. Click on Close.

7. Click on OK.

8. Close and reopen Internet Explorer to apply the reset.
Old 10-04-2009

Thanks for the help.. I will check it by this steps but what if i need to check the add-on, as you said.

How can i check bad add-on ?
Old 10-04-2009

To Test for Bad Add-On go through this steps:-

1. Open the Start Menu.

2. Click on All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

3. If this IE with no add-ons runs without any problems, then you have a bad add-on.

4. If this IE with no add-ons still runs with problems, then you do not have a add-on problem.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: ,