Thread: Transfer Firefox profile, Vista to XP

Transfer Firefox profile, Vista to XP

Hello!

Despite my research I can not solve a problem. I use Mozilla on my laptop under vista. I wish I could copy my profile on my work computer, which runs on XP. So I copied the folder "Firefox" which is in C: / Users / ... / Roaming ect ... and I copied to C: \ Documents and Settings \ ... \ Application Data \ Mozilla. When I restart Firefox, nothing happens, my default page.

What do I do cross ?

Thank you to you!
    |===================|
    |YAY if that made sense...|
    |===================|

Re: Transfer Firefox profile, Vista to XP

It might be easier to use an extension like FEBE, FEBE (Firefox Environment Backup Extension) allows you to quickly and easily backup your Firefox extensions. In fact, it goes beyond just backing up -- It will actually rebuild your extensions individually into installable .xpi files. Now you can easily synchronize your office and home browsers. Try this and tell me if it works.

Unnecessary to use an extension for this.

It would copy the profile directory that is in Vista
    C: \ Users \ Windows> <Name \ AppData \ Roaming \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ <Profile Name> \
    or
    C: \ Users \ <Name Windows> \ AppData \ Roaming \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ <Profile Name> \

<name Of profile> is of the form xxxxxxxx.default where xxxxxxxx is a string of random letters and numbers, the default name by default, but the profile may have a different name. In XP, rename any default of any other thing to avoid confusion with the existing profile. And paste it in XP, in: C: \ Documents and Settings \ <Name /Windows> \ Application Data \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ Profiles \

Under XP, Start> Run
    firefox.exe-P

In the window manager profile: Create a new profile> Next> Choose a folder> folder fetch profile to copy from Vista. Launch this profile.

The technique you describe is what I tried, without success. But actually, I did not rename the default profile. I tried it with FEBE and top, everything was perfectly restored.

Thank you again!
    |===================|
    |YAY if that made sense...|
    |===================|