Thread: Get less spam use scr.im

Get less spam use scr.im

Leaving your email as plain text in forums, on Twitter or on classified sites makes you an easy spam target: spam robots and email harvesters constantly browse these sites to collect new victim emails.

Scr.im is an intelligent service which lets share your e-mail address openly, without the fear of spammers spamming your inbox. Other ways of keeping the inbox from being spammed includes the usage of Temporary E-mail or Disposable E-mail Addresses.

It works on a simple concept of 1) masking your e-mail address by a customized URL which can be shared anywhere on the internet, and 2) confirming that the e-mail address is requested by a human and not a spam-bot.

Don't share your email on public sites. Instead, yo can use SCr.im to convert your email address into a short, and safe link you can share on the web (in Facebook, Twitter, forums, Craigslist, anywhere), instead of sharing a plain text email link that will get harvested by spam bots.

See how it works:

1. Enter the e-mail address and a customized URL and click on “Protect my email”

2. Once your e-mail is protected, you can start using the customized URL on the internet to share your email address.

3. To get the e-mail address from the link, users will have to confirm their existence as humans by performing a logical action

4. E-mail address is shows in case the users click on the correct rectangle with alphabets in it.

Re: Get less spam use scr.im

A site search (site:scr.im) on Google shows that crawling and indexing of the customized URLs is not protected by robots.txt or by any other technique. Spammers can just pay a minimal amount to scan through the scr.im service and get access to thousands of e-mails.

Even if the customized URLs are protected, spammers can scan the web and index scr.im URLs but it won’t be that simple.

Scr.im hides your e-mail address behind a link and a captcha to make sure that spammers don't get a hold of it, or at least have to prove they're human before they can see it.

Well I think it is a good program. At least I would not be recieving more spam that I am getting now.