Thread: Setting up Netmeeting call in Windows XP

Setting up Netmeeting call in Windows XP

HI,

I am trying to establish a call between two computer, Both the computers are in the same building but on the different floor, on both the machine we have installed NetMeeting installed which will get connected through the Intranet, on both the machine Windows XP has been installed.

From one computer when i call to other machine i have set the IP address of the another one and try to call that machine, call rings but it does respond from the other end.Both the machine have ip's starting with 192.168.xxx.xxx, none of the machine receive each others call.

How do I connect to other machine through netmeeting? What ip shall I use to connect to his computer?

Thanks in advance
    skn

Re: Setting up Netmeeting call in Windows XP

Follow the quick step to complete the settings.
    1. No shortcut is automatically created for NetMeeting on XP -- to run NetMeeting ( and configure a shortcut) use Start - > Run -> conf.exe
    2. No downloadable or resource kit created version will install on XP (or Windows 2000 for that matter). The control features provided in the resource kit version are available as group policies -- the Group Policy Editor can be accessed by using Start - > Run -> gpedit.msc (on XP Pro only -- it should be possible with some investigation to determine register entries/values and duplicate the changes on XP Home but I have not actually done this).
    3. Windows Messenger does not by default have the "Start NetMeeting" command that Messengers on other operating systems have -- it has been replaced by a "Start Camera" command which attempts to start a Messenger video call.
    4. Putting Windows Messenger into Win2000 compatibility mode will bring back the "Start Netmeeting" command ( and remove the "Start Camera" command).
    5. In order to allow incoming NetMeeting calls (including those initiated via the "Start NetMeeting" command) the built in XP firewall on pre SP2 must be disabled or tcp 1503 and tcp 1720 configured to pass through.

1. Go to the Start menu and select Run.
    2. Type Conf and click OK.
    3. After the NetMeeting configuration wizard starts, click Next.
    4. Enter your personal details and click Next.
    5. Select listing directory options and click Next.
    6. Select your connection media and click Next.
    7. Configure the shortcut options to your liking and click Next.
    8. Click Next to configure volume options and Next again to confirm that the microphone works.
    9. Click Finish.

Step by step guide for setting up Netmeeting calls, hope this will help you solve your problem.

http://www.nll.co.uk/netmeeting/setting.shtml