Thread: Can i add GIF or animated images to my display picture in windows live messenger?

Can i add GIF or animated images to my display picture in windows live messenger?

Hello friends,
    i am using windows live messenger 8. I like to create customize display pictures. Is there any way to make you display picture animated? Anybody with any idea?

All suggestions are welcome.

Re: Can i add GIF or animated images to my display picture in windows live messenger?

No. You cannot add animated or gif images in your display picture. The only way to use animated display pictures is to use Live's predone ones that you can download.

Re: Can i add GIF or animated images to my display picture in windows live messenger?

The new Messenger 9.0 allows animated display pics! Until now you could only download animated Flash avatars for Messenger through the few websites that are providing them (like Kiwee), but you couldn't use your own local GIF files as your avatar. You can get some at sherv.

At the moment the only animated display pictures you can have are the dynamic flash pictures which you have to pay for. You can download some free animated display pictures here.