Thread: Difference of Navigator with 16bit and 32bit

Difference of Navigator with 16bit and 32bit

Hello,

what are the differences in normal web browsing and occasional downloading when I get a computer with NT 4.0 and Netscape Navigator in the 32 bit - version and a 3.11 - the machine is using 16bit - version?

Both computers are on the same modem.

What would be recommended configurations (OS, browser) for a pure "surf" computer without unnecessary gifts that would be financially optimized?

From the machine type and / or configuration, the transmission side and the building is not more of the computers, but from the connection (65k analog) experienced?

Thank you very much!

Re: Difference of Navigator with 16bit and 32bit

Hi,

What would be recommended configurations (OS, browser) for a pure "surf" computer without unnecessary gifts that would be financially optimized?
    Linux would be as first choice, is free to download on the Web and runs very stable and secure, most web servers run on Linux.

From the machine type and / or configuration, the transmission side and the building is not more of the computers, but from the connection (65k analog) experienced?
    For the Internet is normally already have a Pentium 200, a faster is obviously better, because many pages to set graphics, which extends the load pretty, are too often only 32 Mega RAM installed.
    Mega 64 should already have.

Re: Difference of Navigator with 16bit and 32bit

Hello,

I have the option of 4 different computers on the Internet to go (1-3 over the network, 4 direct)

1. Pentium I, 100 MHz, NT 4.0, 64 MB RAM
    2. AMD 800 MHz, Win2000, 256 MB RAM
    3. AMD 1 GHz, Win2000, 528 MB RAM
    4. Cyrix 200 MX, Win98, 32MB RAM

The speed of the construction site every 4 to make little difference, which is more of the time of day and the related general Internet use affected. Without direct comparison to other approaches, I would be reasonably fast connections designate, sometimes it crawls all to himself, though.

To Linux .... as a non-Linux users, I have here at www read that you need a lot anlesen to Linux to install and understand. It may be that an installation at a "Surf" PC easily and without significant Linux expertise is possible. Since Linux is so stable, will be in the "Surfable" no problems, but what if? It remains one of the BS that has no idea just a complete reinstall?

? And what kind of Linux would be suitable (the far-reaching Internet use allowed, but no attachment is superfluous)?