Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet Explorer 8 having Small font size

sad Internet Explorer 8 having Small font size

Hey Guys,

Just few days ago i had installed Internet Explorer 8 on my pc. The problem is that it shows very small font size as well as the small images on the screen. It is unreadable and if you want to read it, you have to use magnifying glass in order to read the text on the screen. While my Firefox browser works absolutely fine. I don't know how can i increase the font size of the text as well as the image size in Internet Explorer 8. Can any body help me out to resolve this problem? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Internet Explorer 8 having Small font size

Not quiet sure what this is all about but if you find your fonts to small to read on Internet explorer try this.

Hold down the left CTRL key and use the mouse scroll wheel to scroll up or down this will increase the font size on your page.

I was stuck wondering why many web sites had extremely tiny text on them and remembered about some sort of scaling to do with the mouse.

In Internet Explorer 8 go to the View menu (if it's displayed) then pick Text size, select larger or largest. It should change to size of text, etc. within your browser.

There's another spot too. It's less likely to be the issue, but it's harder to find or even think of. Check the system font setting:

Settings--> Control Panel--> Display--> Appearance. The system font size setting is near the bottom.

This change was made to correct a well-known problem with scaling pages from the Text Size commands on the IE View menu.

The "larger" and "smaller" commands are mapped to the HTML relative font-size keywords of the same names. They instruct the browser to rescale the font-size of text relative to its container's font-size setting. If the container's font-size is set in scalable em or percentage units, then the text is rescaled relative to the font-size setting of the container's parent element.

By contrast, the "smallest," "medium" and "largest" Text Size options are mapped to HTML keywords for absolute font sizes. These depend upon the default fonts selected in the user's browser preferences, and the browser's internal font scaling algorithms.

Hi,
    I'm also having a same problem but after i've try all the solution, nothing happen at all. This is the picture of it.
    Some said it because of it's CSS.

Thnx.

[ATTACH]So small[/ATTACH]

I am also seeing a changing "System Font". I am not sure what causes this behavior. I have been searching for several days and stumbled on this page.

These actions are very trying to the mind. I found one place that showed changing the system font size through "Vista". I changed them through "Control Panel ~ Personalization ~ Appearance ~ Settings ~ Advanced". Changed From "Aero" to "Basic". Replaced font size from 9 to 10. Surfed a 10 min and wala Toolbar-Menu-Desktop Icon text all changed back to "9"

Hopefully someone will be able to help........

*First, open your Internet Explorer browser

*Click on the Page located towards the far right hand side of your browser's . tab, select the Text Size option.
    * make your choice

I have tried that, but only a temp fix. Not sure if problem with Vista, IE8 or ???. What ever is doing the changes, it changes everything to "Segoe UI - 9". I mean the menu, toolbar, icon. it change all of Vista's fonts to "Segoe UI - 9". I changed them all to "Segoe UI - 11", and they change back. I use a 22" wide screen monitor and the letters are so small I can barely see them.
    I saw a registry fix, it points all fonts to "Segoe UI". Not sure if I want to go that route???? I believe I saw it on VISTAHEADS ? Did a search - Google "IE8 changes system fonts"

Tried to add picture, not sure...

cool Re: Internet Explorer 8 having Small font size

ok man after 10 hours of mucking around i have found the fault all that is need to be done is to re load your fonts and make sure you have this one ARIAL OPEN TYPE then reboot and bang all sweet lol got to love a hack

its easy friends.... just UNINSTALL Windows BLIND.... and IE8 can be use for the normally Font....

simple.. try this!

go to page or View, then select ZOOM

then change the current settings to 100%

hope this helps..

It is quiet simple to do that. If you using a scroll mouse then press the first key and rotate the mouse. The web page size will reduce and increase as the wheel of the mouse goes to and fro. Second thing you try is click on Page menu and then scroll down to Text Size. You can see mulitple options here. Select as per you need. If still you getting error then there might be issue with Internet Explore. You will need to Re-install it or Run a Repair Process.

I had this problem about a year ago with IE7, and I just had this occur again. After much searching last year I found the solution.
    You will need to reinstall all the ARIAL fonts. If you check your fonts file you will probably only see arial narrow. Don't ask me where they dissapeared to, but they were gone.
    You can download the fonts from the Microsoft site.
    I reinstalled all the fonts and everything is back to normal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast