Thread: Router needs rebooting

Router needs rebooting

Hello,
    I am looking for a help as i am facing a problem related with the router. I am having two computer and two different routers for those computers and even 2 different torrent program. I router which i am using is Linksys WRT54G wireless router and a D-link older wired router. Initially it was working fine, but now the network connectivity just stops and i require to reboot the router. I want to know that why i am facing this problem and i want a fix for this.

Re: Router needs rebooting

I to have the similar problem. My system slows down over about 3-4 days . After this i reboot my system and after rebooting all things work fine. After rebooting the system it works fine for 3 to 4 days and again have the same problem. I am doing this booting process from the last 1 months. Now i require a solution for this problem, as i am very much frustrated now.

You can correct this by going to the settings. You should have the latest firmware on your computer. There are some routers which handle the higher load on it. For your router you can make use of the Linux firmware. Linux firmware gives more options and also is more stable solution. You are facing this problem, because your system might be getting over heated due to high loads.

Thanks for the reply.I tried your solution for solving the problem. But i was not able to do so. After referring the post i updated the firmware, but it did not made any difference to the problem. I am not only facing this problem when my BitTorrent is on, but i even face the problem when i stop all file transfers and shut down BitTorrent. What should i do now?

I feel that you will require to do the complete scan of your system for virus, addware and spyware. There could also be problem related with overheating. Your router might be getting overheated due to high traffic. For this you will require to shutdown for a while and leave it shut down for a while. After some time start the system and check it out.