Thread: Internet online and offline

Internet online and offline

Yes as the title says, my network started to tease a little, the internet goes online and offline almost all the time. I hope it should not be the internet there is something wrong with, because when I can get online functioning as it should, suddenly there is no network, and will have to wait until it comes again.

It helps to switch off the router, but only for a little while. Then start it all over again. I know I have not given as much info, but do not really know what the problem might be.

Hope someone can help.

Re: Internet online and offline

Hmm.. it sounds just as if you lose the signal to your router... If you are running wireless networks. How far away you sit from your router on? (if you have wireless network in the router).

If you run through the cable, have you tried using another network cable. Have you tried to reset your router, that is, restore the default settings so it is completely with settings as was when you bought it?

Have you tried updating your network driver(s)?

I do not have wireless router and how would I be able reset my router? Have also tried to update my server, but at the time the connection disables when I try the link.

How many machines are on your router? You may try running without it to see if it makes a difference. Make it so it's a new router.

It's just strange that the network worked fine the other day.. but then when I put my PC to my network it started to do it again. Be just said that I used another PC, because my own has been in repair.

You do not need a router to be on the Internet. The cable coming into the router from the wall you just put into your machine.

ISP -> Modem -> Router -> PC1
    are you just pleased to
    ISP -> Modem -> PC1

and if you can not find your modem (eg. fiber), then you just wire the router in the "uplink" (or the like. it's usually a different color than the other ports) and slamming the back of PC1.
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.

I am very glad you wanted to help Dr.pter, but have fixed the problem. I just deleted my network card driver and installed again. Now it functions as it should, funny enough