Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

IE8 gives security warnings frequently !

Technology & Internet

Old 31-03-2009

IE8 gives security warnings frequently !

Hi,

Recently updated to the latest version of IE i.e IE8, but as i do browsing with it, it shows me the security warning page frequently after every few pages on every websites i do visit. Its really frustrating , every time i have to click on continue....is there any way to disable this crap feature of IE8? i want to disable it for every websites. Hope you'll have understand what is my problem. Hoping some good solutions.

Thank you.

Old 31-03-2009

Re: IE8 gives security warnings frequently !

You can add the list of the trusted sites in IE8, just follow the following steps:
  • Click on Tools in IE8.

• Select Internet Options.

• Go to Security tab. Select "Trusted Sites" with a right check mark icon. and click on sites button and then simply add the name of the sites you frequently visit and on which you do trust fully.
Old 31-03-2009

You must decide carefully whether to turn the security warnings off.

Again, we do not recommend turning off the warnings. However, for completeness, we include the instructions here:
  1. Start Internet Explorer.
  2. Open the Internet Options dialog box from the Tools menu.
  3. Choose the Advanced tab.
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the Settings to the group titled "Security".
  5. Place a checkmark in the box "Allow active content to run in files on My Computer".
  6. Click OK.
Old 31-03-2009

Refer to this thread : internet explorer security warning , this is with same issue, but disabling the security warning is not an good idea.

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"
Old 31-03-2009

Yeah I agreed , disabling security is like a putting our PC on a big risk, inviting virus and harm full things to eat out PC. I use mozilla firefox and belive me its best then all, i never faced any security risks with it. Its blocks the sites with any security risk but it never happens with all sites.
Old 31-03-2009
matthewforu

To get rid of this issue , try to uninstall and reinstall the internet explorer 8
it may resolve your issue , if you are not able to get solve this issue , try to use any other third party web browser .
Old 01-04-2009

It is irritating but its atleast safe! Anyways if you choose to put it off completely follow these steps:

1) Click on "Tools" in IE8 and select "Internet Options" from the drop down
2) In the "Advanced" tab scroll to the "Security" section and uncheck these two options:
> Warn about invalid site certificates
> Warn if changing between secure and non-secure mode

I hope this will help!

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , ,