Thread: PicasWeb/ VideoFormat Question

PicasWeb/ VideoFormat Question

I have looked over your forum and seen a little discussion of Picasa Web. I use it to publish many folders of family pictures. I just bought more space. Now I have video that I want to share with my family also. I have run into a problem with quality. .avi is best quality but too large. .wmv is terrible quality... or perhaps I don't use qppropriate settings. I am not a video guru. could someone suggest an appropriate format to save for online viewing that would be both good quality and also allow me to save videos of around 2 minutes at less that 100 MB. I have Adobe Premiere Elements. When you use their default settings for .wmv, it saves 320 x240 rather than 640 by 480... if I changed that setting, would that make a BIG difference... and if I did change that setting, should I change the frame rate? Maybe someone knows a reference web site with a good list of setting to refer to? I appreciate any help you might give me... Many thanks to you.

Re: PicasWeb/ VideoFormat Question

check your cam manual and find out the res that the camera records at and use that res to set up your project in PE. because you are exporting at a size larger than the project settings this will cause artifacts and also the camera records in mpeg which can also cause artifacts if it runs out of data on fast movie scenes like lightsaber fights.

Check that the camera is set on high quality and if it has a shutter speed adjustment, raise this to about 1/250 for fast moving scenes. this will help to keep the picture sharp and reduce blurring and artifacts.

Re: PicasWeb/ VideoFormat Question

My camera is a digital photo camera, so the video, when downloaded, are actually .avi files... I only have small amounts of video from our vacation (of our kids ziplining) that I wanted to share with them... but when I post them as .wmv files they look awful... and as .avi files they are too big...

Thanks for your answer!