Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-03-2009

Firefox and Divx plugin problem

Hello,
I have a problem recently, I can not access sites that use DivX Web Player, in fact my version of Firefox which is the last (3.0. 6) closes automatically and very quickly. When I relaunch the restoration box opens (normal), but if I do restore, once again on the site it overlaps.

I know what it is because I watched the plugins installed (Tools / modules / plugins) and I tested disabling the Divx Web Player plugin, there's walking, I go to the site but Obviously there is no animation for the video box is disabled, and more present.

I tried uninstalling Firefox, reinstalling, uninstalling the Divx Web Player plugin and reinstall but still nothing, it still does not work.

Well, thank you to those who wish to help me and good day to all.
Old 28-03-2009

Re: Firefox and Divx plugin problem

Hello,
The Mozilla Foundation can not be responsible for the plugins that are created by others. This is true for DivX Web Player as Flash, QuickTime and others. Can you also give the address of the video site that requires this plugin.
Old 28-03-2009

Hello, thank you for your reply.

So I downloaded the plugin on this site http://www.divx.com/ which seems to be the official site. Once installed, it automatically forwards me a message like "Thanks for your facility ...." and below there is a video box that is used to make an animation showing that the plugin is correctly installed and running , but it is precisely here and in these pages that it's cut.

Thank you again to you for your help.
Old 28-03-2009

It should check if the crash in safe mode in Firefox (without reset) and if it's the same with a new profile (without deleting the existing).

If Firefox crashes with a new profile, it may be that the plugin is not compatible with version 3 browser or there is a conflict with another plugin.

After testing with a new profile and if it is always the same, can you give us a list of your plugins. To do this, type about: plugins in the address bar of Firefox, select the whole page (Ctrl + A) and copy and paste the contents of the page in a message here.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: ,