Thread: Facebook could "kill" Google

ohmy Facebook could "kill" Google

If the numbers of Facebook will continue to grow as they grew in recent months, by 2011/2012, the popular social network founded in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg could overcome "his majesty" Google.

The provocative scenario analysed by Ross Sandler of RBC, which has skillfully put together the data that are the unique visitors to Facebook 15,471,000 increase from August 2008 to 236,292,000 last January, with those who with 771,553,000 unique visitors to Google in spite of an increase in the same period, 303,000,000 users. All summed up in a very comprehensive way in the chart below:

However, the likelihood that the social network for some time in the viewfinder of a Microsoft maintaining this rate of growth are very few. But woe to overlook the fact that more and more users are receiving their first impact with the world of the Internet thanks to the Zuckerberg creature (which, in this specific case, is stealing the post to Google), which could exploit the very important factor "imprinting" in his favor.

Other data, curious as interesting, a great deal of advanced toward the Facebook ranks fourth in the websites that carry the greatest number of visitors to "big G" with a resounding 19% of the total (with a leap of 10% in one year and over 150,000,000 hits brought in January 2009), which the Microsoft sites in the first place with over 360,000,000 hits brought the giant search engine. In this case we rely to a chart for better understanding of the data:

However, the fact that the number one social network in the world - according to many analysts - has not yet an appropriate business model, it might help for a while till the "big G" gets a skilful and innovative solutions to increase their dose of lifeblood independently.

In short, the battle is open and, despite what may appear outside, is about to become tougher than ever. We can see how that will turn out.

Re: Facebook could "kill" Google

Excellent piece. Google are obviously seeing Facebook are a big longterm threat. I’ve been wondering if the new Google OS for mobiles is part of this; Facebook will become massive via mobile. Perhaps this is a dual strategy of cutting off a potential future problem?
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.

I think that within a year Google will make it all its social services, like Mail, Calendar, Youtube and iGoogle that has a basis for proposing a bulletin board on which to focus all this and connect users who are already enrolled. There are those who does things in a hurry (like Facebook) and those who plan a more functional.

These things make me sick a little, you see:

from this analysis we can understand that people are looking aggregation, but in my opinion are abide by glitter, which is the difference in write "I'm writing now on facebook or on msn? is the same thing, but on any blog, if do not spy, you're not forced to register and make it known to the whole world who you are.

However google ... search engines do not ever die, including those I use them to find information, for what is useful, what is facebook?

I don’t think Google is afraid of Facebook in the same way they weren’t afraid of Youtube. The company’s strategy is to be a part of growth markets. With Youtube Google already had Google video and they were looking to own the video space so they won the bidding war.

Similarly, with social networks they have orkut, but that is meaningless is the social platform wars. So they create their own. In any growth market Google just wants a piece of the pie…
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain