Thread: Yahoo and Hotmail Account sending Spam mail

Yahoo and Hotmail Account sending Spam mail

Hello friends from last 3 to 4 days my Yahoo account keep sending spam mail to my contact. i thought its by mistake but yesterday my hotmail account too start spamming mail to my contacts. one of my friend tell me about one email send by me to him. but i dont know anything about that mail, because i cant send it. i dont know why and how this is possible. i am the only one who accessing my yahoo and hotmail mail. than how come this possible? is there virus problem or someone hacking my account. please if anyone has any idea about this than please provide me.

Re: Yahoo and Hotmail Account sending Spam mail

once i also had the same problem with my hotmail account. so i do lots of search for this but cant get any solution. at the end i found one thread here in techarena, its really nicely given and help me to solve my hotmail account problem. i dont know about the yahoo because i am just using hotmail for my business purpose. so just check this if its solve your hotmail problem.

for this you just have to do is, change the password. this is common and simple solution for any problem with your email account. And ya i check that above mention link and ya this is really useful.

For three days 8 spam messages were sent from my yahoo account. Since I check my yahoo at work, at home and on my ipod how do you know or would hide spyware or malware or whatever that makes these items? What solutions are there to close my account from yahoo?

Try going assume that you've caught a virus / trojan now becomes independent of the listless. The question is have you installed a decent date anti-virus program? Try it with Avira AntiVir Personal. update it with the most recent update and do a scan. one more ting i must suggest is, never open unknow email or Attachment. because anyone can send you virus in that email or in that Attachment. so be careful.

I received one mail today from a friend who has his Yahoo email account, sent a spam email with a link to a classic spam Drug Store. From the e-mail headers can be seen that all people have in their address book also received this email. He has assured me that he has not sent the email. So was apparently his Yahoo email account hacked.

Change your password to a more difficult as 15 characters or more, also run your anti-virus to see if you have any Trojan, this way you will stop sending spam emails in no time.

Yahoo provide SpamGuard option to avoid spam. Keep SpamGuard turned on. To check if it is enabled:

1. Click Options in the upper right corner of your Mail page.
    2. Click on Spam, in the list on the left.
    3. In the "SpamGuard" next to "Control SpamGuard" you will see a checked box next to "Send the suspected spam messages to the Spam folder automatically." If so, great! SpamGuard is ON. If not, activate it by checking the box.
    4. Section above the spam options, click Save Changes.

Here are some common ways others have done to get the username and password.

1. Responding to fraud "phishing" email, which seemed to come from Yahoo!, asking the user name and password.
    2. This type of malicious software called a "keylogger" which install on your computer.
    3. Allowing third parties to access your account.
    4. Leaving your account that you sign in, in a public place.