Thread: Info about Cc and BCc fields in E-mail

Info about Cc and BCc fields in E-mail

hello friends,

I keep on sending and receiving mails to and from my number of friends. But am still unaware about the two fields - "Cc" and "BCc" that appear below the "To" field while composing an e-mail.....
    Can any of you provide me the information about these 2 fields ( Cc and BCc )? ....... any ideas regarding these would be appreciated
    thnx

Re: Info about Cc and BCc fields in E-mail

The CC Field

When you click the "Create Mail" or "New Mail" button in your e-mail program, whether it's Outlook Express or not, no doubt you've noticed the CC field.
    CC stands for Carbon Copy. You would normally use this field to include the e-mail address of someone you wanted to receive a copy of the e-mail you are sending.

For example - if you were part of a work team and you were e-mailing your boss about something, you would put your boss's e-mail address in the e-mail's "To" field, and if you wanted your workmates to be aware of that e-mail, you might put their e-mail addresses in the "CC" field. Your e-mail would then be sent to both your boss and your workmates at the same time.

The BCC field

What if you want to send an e-mail to someone, and copy it to someone else, but you don't want the person you are sending it to to know that someone else is receiving a copy? That's where the BCC field is used.
    BCC stands for Blind Carbon Copy.

If you were having a dispute with a colleague and you wanted to copy your boss in on your e-mail dealings with that colleague, but you didn't want your colleague to know you were doing that, then you would put your boss's e-mail address into the Blind Carbon Copy field (after checking on relevant privacy laws).

It is actually easy for you to hide the sending person or a group from the person(or a group) you are ctually sending the e-mail to.

Cc = carbon copy.

The CC recipient will receive the e-mail as well and the To recipient will see that the CC recipient received it.

BCc = blind carbon copy.

The BCC recipient will receive the e-mail as well but neither To recipient nor CC recipient will see that the BCC recipient received it.
    However, the BCC recipient will receive it and see to whom it was sent, but not the other BCC recipients.