Thread: Problem with Microsoft Outlook

Problem with Microsoft Outlook

Hello Friends,

Whenever i try to work on my Microsoft Outlook, i received an email that get crash with my Outlook. It doesn't allow me to read or delete anything and shows me as unread mail. Does any body had this type of problem earlier? Kindly help me out to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

Re: Problem with Microsoft Outlook

Repairing a Personal Folders file (.pst)

You may need to use the Inbox Repair Tool if you open your Outlook .pst file and receive this message:

Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened. Errors could have been detected in the file drive:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool.

Note :- The path to the file specified in the message may vary depending upon the operating system you are using on your computer.

I saw some solutions that worked for people and others that didn’t. While I don’t know the cause of the problem, I found 3 suggestions that might solve the problem.

Suggestion 1: Reinstall Microsoft Outlook.

If the developer offers a solution on an error message, that’s where I start. Let’s face it, they have the inside advantage. In my case, I recently installed some Windows patch files and thought they may have contributed to the problem.
    Suggestion 2: Create a New Outlook Profile

From what I read, this procedure fixed the problem for many folks. This was the first thing the Microsoft technician suggested.

Suggestion 3: Close Outlook and Rename 4 .DAT files

The third time was a charm as the saying goes. This tech rep offered a different solution from his peers. In my case, this solution worked.

There were four .dat files that were renamed so the originals were still around if needed.

• outcmd.dat
    • frmcache.dat
    • views.dat
    • extend.dat

When Outlook restarted, it created new versions of those files. The file locations vary based on systems, but Slipstick has a very useful Outlook file location.

matthewforu Guest

Create the back up of the .pst file and unistall and reinstall the ms outlook in the computer , and then finally restore the .pst file .
    It will sureally solve the issue .