Thread: Netscape crashes frequently

Netscape crashes frequently

Hello,

I agree with the Netscape 4.75 browser on the Internet and experience frequent crashes, with the following error messages may appear:
    1) Failed to create a blank document
    2) Canvas is not allowed (not possible)

I still have to say that I still TraxEx installed. This is a program that lets you surf traces and caches, and can delete cookies, both manually and automatically.

Could it be that this program, which is always active when I am online, this error is caused or Netscape itself is the culprit.

As is also occasionally reported that too little memory is available, although I under Win98 SE 128 RAM did.

Thanks for the tips

Re: Netscape crashes frequently

Hi,

To resolve the error :
    1. Make sure that the MOZILLA_HOME environment variable is correctly set. If you installed Netscape under /usr/local/netscape/, for example, that should be the value of MOZILLA_HOME. Set it from the command line (e.g, "export MOZILLA_HOME="/usr/local/netscape"" under bash or add it to one your personal or system initialization files. Refer to the manual page for your shell for details.
    2. If you have a brand-new version of Netscape, try a previous version, in case the run-time libraries are slightly incompatible. For example, if Netscape version 4.75 is installed (type "netscape --version" at the shell prompt), try installing version 4.7. All versions are archived at ftp://ftp.netscape.com/.
    3. Netscape uses its own Motif and Java Runtime Environment libraries. If a separate version of either is installed on your system, ensure that they aren't interfering with Netscape's libraries; e.g., by un-installing them.
    4. Make sure that Netscape can connect to its default name servers. The program will appear to freeze and time out after several minutes if it can't. This indicates a problem with the system's Internet connection; likely, the system can't connect to other sites, either.

Hi,

Solution:
    Netscape 4.5 and higher include a tool called Quality Feedback Agent ("Talkback") to monitor for crashes in Netscape, and if one occurs, it will offer to send the crash data to Netscape for diagnostic purposes.

Unfortunately, a component of Talkback has been known to cause crashes in Netscape on some, but not all, systems. To fix this problem:
    • Close Netscape if it is open.
    • Open Windows Explorer, and go to your ...NetscapeCommunicatorProgram directory and rename
    fullsoft.dll to fullsoft.bad. On most systems, this file will be located at Crogram
    FilesNetscapeCommunicatorProgramfullsoft.dll.
    • Restart Netscape and the problem should be fixed.

It can be resolved by removing crashguard, click once on Navigator (dont open) then go up to the menu bar to file and scroll down to get info (control key - I) Navigator should show up there and in the preferred size raise this figure up by 10000. Then go into your control panel to memory panel and set the cache at 1024K. Once you have navigator running go into your preference folder and set the cache to 512K.