Thread: Change Homepage Settings in Google Chrome

Change Homepage Settings in Google Chrome

Hi i have downloaded Google chrome and using it.. I am happy with it. but there is an problem. I dont know how to set home pages in Google chrome. Can anyone of you help me ?

Re: Change Homepage Settings in Google Chrome

When you open Google Chrome, it shows a default homepage containing "Most Visited" page list and Bookmarks history. However, you can modify this setting to load the URL of your choice in just a few easy steps:-

1. First, open your Google Chrome browser.Click on the Chrome "wrench" icon, located in the upper right hand corner of your browser window. When the drop-down menu appears, select the choice labeled Options.

2. Now you have 2 options to change Homepage:
    • Select "Open the following pages" option in "On startup" section and click on "Add" button.Now type about:blank in URL box to set homepage as blank or if you want to set it some other URL, then enter the full URL or select it from "Recently visited sites" list if present.Click on "Add" button and then "Close" the options window.

• Select "Open this page" option in "Home page" section, the second item in the Home Page section of Chrome's Basic Options is labeled Open this page. If you would like to set your browser's home page to a specific URL, select this option and enter the appropriate address.

3. The Home Button has been added to my toolbar. Clicking on it loads the browser's home page in the current tab. Now you can enjoy your desired homepage in Chrome

The third item in the Home Page section of Google's Basic Options is a check box labeled Show Home button on the toolbar. Disabled by default, this setting will display a Home Page button on Chrome's toolbar. The button is placed directly to the left of the browser's address bar.

To add this button to your toolbar, simply check the box and click on the Close button.

Thanks for helping and sharing this information friend.. It helped me lot..Thank you.!!

matthewforu Guest

Go the " google options " > HOme page > select the radio button for " Open this page " and type the website for home page .
    and finally check the "Home button on the tools bar" .
    and cick on the close .
    and start the Google crome .