Thread: Norton Fraudulent Websites Error

Norton Fraudulent Websites Error

Hello,

I downloaded IE8, but now my anti-virus (Norton 360) says that IE8 does not protect them, the exact message is "your browser is not configured to detect fraudulent sites or sites to detect authentic" Norton 360 proposes a remedy but it does a session. What do you think? If there is no solution to my problem, I would go back on IE7, but I can not uninstall IE8, What do you think? How can i Solve these problem Thanks in advance for your replies

Re: Norton Fraudulent Websites Error

Hello , The quick answer is to use a different browser. Head over to mozilla.org and pick up Firefox 3.0. The long answer is that Norton comes with loads of built in software that is useless. The best way to verify a fraudulent site is to verify it through Google. Honestly, dump the Norton suite and pick up something a little light like AVG or Anti-Vir. They are all available through download.com

Quote Originally Posted by Keith.J View Post
    Hello,

I downloaded IE8, but now my anti-virus (Norton 360) says that IE8 does not protect them, the exact message is "your browser is not configured to detect fraudulent sites or sites to detect authentic" Norton 360 proposes a remedy but it does a session. What do you think? If there is no solution to my problem, I would go back on IE7, but I can not uninstall IE8, What do you think? How can i Solve these problem Thanks in advance for your replies
    Hello If you still using Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 or 2, then uninstall them, and use IE7. Norton 360 v2.0 has no support for IE8, and they don't like each other. The next version (3.0) I think will be OK with IE8, like NAV/NIS 2009.

Make sure your Norton antivirus is not configured to scan emails.
    Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled Email Scanning by any anti-virus is not recommended because the harm and delay that scanning can cause don't justify the minimal (if any) benefits to be derived. One of the biggest problem caused by email virus scanners is corrupted Outlook Express DBX (data) files. If these files become corrupted, whatever mail you have stored in them will be unreadable. Email virus scanning is the number one cause of corrupted DBX files; and hence the biggest cause of unrecoverable email. Other problems are minor but they're a nuisance: Aggravating delays in sending or receiving email being among the top nuisances.