Thread: How to Block Ads in Safari Browser

How to Block Ads in Safari Browser

Hi.. I am working for a company where i have to work mostly on internet. now a days i am using Safari Browser. One of the biggest problems I had with Safari web browser is that I couldn't block ads. Its very irritating. After being a long time Firefox user, I became spoiled from browsing an internet free of advertising. Please give me some idea to block ads in Safari.. I really need it..

Re: How to Block Ads in Safari Browser

Since its inception, Safari has been able to block pesky popup ads from clogging your display, but it's fallen short when it comes to blocking ads on a web page. Firefox, with its open plug-in architecture and enthusiastic community, has enjoyed an AdBlock add-on for some time which allows users to right-click an ad section and forever filter it from that page. Now there's a way to tell Safari to never show you an advertisement! In this article, I'll guide you through the process. Just try this simple steps:-

1. Download userContent.css from http://www.floppymoose.com/userContent.css. This is a text file that gives Safari rules about how to render a webpage - in this case, what not to show.

2. Save userContent.css to home:Libraryafari or if you've already downloaded the file, move it there.

3. Open Safari. Go to the Preferences and hit the Advanced tab. Use the stylesheet dropdown to chose userContent.css. That's it! The internet is now ad-free!

Thats it..

It should be noted, however, that SafariBlock functions as an InputManager. The specifics of what that means aren't really necessary to delve into right now, but as far as I know, the rumor is still that Mac OS X Leopard will remove support for plug-ins that run as InputManagers when it's released (hopefully) in October. What this means for the future of plug-ins like SafariBlock is still unsure, but it seemed worthy of mentioning.

This will be helpful as we move into Snow Leopard, as Safari and Webkit will be built in to a few apps. They also seem to be making it faster with each update.StreetBloggers - Buy used! Maybe I'll write up an eHow on finding cheap Macs. Thanks for the idea.

matthewforu Guest

Download userContent.css from http://www.floppymoose.com/userContent.css or below in the resources section. This is a text file that gives Safari rules about how to render a webpage - in this case, what not to show.
    Step2
    Save it Here Save it Here Save userContent.css to home:Libraryafari or if you've already downloaded the file, move it there.
    Step3
    Advanced Tab Advanced Tab Open Safari. Go to the Preferences and hit the Advanced tab. Use the stylesheet dropdown to chose userContent.css. That's it! The internet is now ad-free!