Thread: "Undo Send" Feature For Gmail

"Undo Send" Feature For Gmail

Google has upgraded the offerings of its signature email service Gmail by introducing a new feature which allows users to call back a sent email, in case they change their minds over sending it. "Undo Send" puts a five to ten-second hold on all outgoing messages. If you addressed an email to the wrong person, let slip with an embarrassing typo or simply said something you really, really shouldn't have, Undo Send can be a lifesaver. Or, more accurately, a job-saver.

Sometimes I regret sending a message the morning after. Other times I send a message and then immediately notice a mistake. I forget to attach a file or email the birthday girl that I can't make her surprise party. I can rush to close my browser or unplug the Internet — but Gmail almost always wins that race.

The feature can be enabled by clicking the “Settings” option on the main page of Gmail, followed by clicking on to the “Labs” feature, and enabling “Undo Send” option from there, after which ‘Undo’ option would feature alongside every sent mail confirmation.

You have to turn on Undo Send in the Gmail Labs under settings and you'll then see a link in your "mail sent" confirmation which you can hit in moments of panic. Switch it on if you must but, if you really need help in this area, I offer you two very sage pieces of TD advice:

1) Always read through what you've written
    2) Never send an e-mail in anger.

Re: "Undo Send" Feature For Gmail

Well! We think we've got a winner here for the best Gmail Labs feature ever. This one beats Mail Googles and the rest of the Gmail Labs add-ons. It is a shame though that Google doesn't allow you to configure the number of seconds you have before it is too late.

Now thats the very good feature from Gmail.... Many times we come that situation that we need the undo feature. Anyways.... Thank you Gmail..

I am still waiting for them to include the "sort by sender" option.

They should also add a prompt - Are you sure You want to send this E-Mail?