Thread: Acces point separated from the network?

Acces point separated from the network?

Hello!
    i have router and switch and this switch depends on a Wlan Access Point. more PC's are connected to switch, including a fileserver. I would like to acces point from the remaining network disconnect BUT internet will continue to function.

The switch is a perfectly normal, etc. without vlan router is a speed w503V port.Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated.

Re: Acces point separated from the network?

A DMZ would be only one computer in front of the firewall and the ports available. Ap isolation must be supported. Possibly called for the Netgear only different.

The advantage of the 802.11g standard is that it is the speed of 802.11a systems with up to 54 Mbps in the 5-GHz range in the 2.4-Ghz range brings to the existing advantages of greater range and compatibility with a larger installed base advantage. This means a five times faster data transfer rates up to 54 Mbit / s. Products with the 802.11g standard are compatible to the existing 802.11b standard, as they are on the same frequency band of 2.4 GHz.

So I've once again connect to my AP, since, unfortunately, nothing is what it might be.AP isolation brings nothing? heist, where wireless notebooks to the internet can not go to communicate with each other, but my computer via cables go where?

hm, why then called the "Access Point Isolation"? but since the AP should be "isolated" be?

A modern wireless router or wireless AP is often not just an AP, but also a switch, although in the same housing, they are organizationally separated, so there's usually only isolation AP for wireless clients. Obviously, you can do that but with iptables, so wish, as you want, but this must be the first to run on your device.