Thread: Lost Contacts in Yahoo Messenger

Lost Contacts in Yahoo Messenger

Hello , Today I have lost contacts from Yahoo messengers ( 9.0.0.2123).When I am automatically logged on a laptop, then tried to Check my Contacts I Cannot Find Them .I added myself to my messenger list. When I restarted Messenger all my contacts are gone. I still have my address book, but nothing more than that Please help SOlve this Thanks in Advance

Re: Lost Contacts in Yahoo Messenger

At the top of your friends list window click on Contacts and make sure the "show offline contacts" is checked, this will make your friends show on your list whether they are online or offline.After checking this and none of them still show up on your list then you have an internal problem with messenger and you need to uninstall messenger Completely so you can get rid of the corrupted file that is causing your problem and get a clean install.When you uninstall not all of the yahoo messenger files are deleted from your Program Files, so if the problem you are having is caused by a corrupted file then the problem will still be there when you install it again.So what you need to do is uninstall messenger then go to your Program files and delete the yahoo folder. This will get rid of all remaining files especially the corrupted ones.

To uninstall you need to click on the Start button(the one on your task bar) then go to Control Panel then to Add/Remove Programs, find yahoo messenger in the list and click on it then on uninstall.<< this is for XPTo uninstall in Vista click on start then Control Panel then on Uninstall a Program in the new window find yahoo messenger click it to uninstall it.To find and delete the Yahoo folder click on the START button in your task bar then on My Computer then C: drive then Program Files then right click on the Yahoo folder and Delete it. It's a good idea tI do recommend you get the 8.1.0.421 version as it is the most stable a bug free version of messenger !!

When you download it just save it to your desktop and then run the installer from there.If you have XP just double click on it to start the install.To install messenger on Vista you need to download messenger to your desktop. Then Right click on the installer and then click on "Run as Administrator" to get it to install correctly.you will not lose your contacts by uninstalling messenger as they are saved on the yahoo servers.o reboot your PC now to make sure it's all gone out of your system.

Yahooanswers

Hello , You can check this Belkasoft Yahoo! Messenger History Extractor allows you to extract your Yahoo! Messenger history into such formats as plain text, HTML and XML. It is possible to select the time period of interest, generate history for chosen contacts only, filter sent or received messages. It is also possible to customize the way HTML will looks like.Lost in your Yahoo! Messenger history? Not a problem any more! Belkasoft also provides history extractors for other Internet Messengers such as ICQ, Miranda, MSN, &RQ and s

Quote Originally Posted by Gagnesh View Post
    Hello , Today I have lost contacts from Yahoo messengers ( 9.0.0.2123).When I am automatically logged on a laptop, then tried to Check my Contacts I Cannot Find Them .I added myself to my messenger list. When I restarted Messenger all my contacts are gone. I still have my address book, but nothing more than that Please help SOlve this Thanks in Advance
    Hello , Join the mail and you export address book and would need to have contacts there.Or use Pidgin, a program that allows you to login simultaneously to more than one network and not fill your computer adware: It works the same in Windows and Linux.