Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-03-2009

ohmy Maximum Size Of Gmail Attachments

Hello Everybody,

I'm using a Gmail account to have access over my mailing account on the internet. Recently i was trying to send my picnic snaps to one of my friend which was around 150 Mb in size. The problem was that whenever i was trying to send my snaps through an attachment it was failing to get deliver to the following destination. I don't know but anything before which ever mails i have sent had been delivered to my friends. It gives me an error message that you have exceed the limit. So, i would like to know that what is the maximum size limit of Gmail attachments? Does any one have any idea about it? Kindly suggest me the proper information on the above issue. Would be grateful to you, if anyone provides me the solution for the above issue.

Thanks a lot.
Old 14-03-2009

Re: Maximum Size Of Gmail Attachments

With Gmail, you can send and receive messages up to 20 megabytes (MB) in size. However, the precise amount allowable will depend on the attachment.

When you add an attachment, the size of a file may increase because transport encodings are automatically added. (Transport encodings are the information that allows your message to be safely sent and read.)

This means that in some cases, attachments that are 17 to 20MB in size may push the total message size above 20MB. When this happens, Gmail displays a warning that your message exceeds the 20MB limit.
Old 14-03-2009

Google says "you can send and receive messages up to 10 megabytes (MB) in size" in Gmail. "However, the precise amount allowable will depend on the attachment. When you add an attachment, the size of a file may increase because transport encodings are automatically added. (Transport encodings are the information that allows your message to be safely sent and read.)"

Sometimes Gmail lets you attach files whose total size exceeds the 10 MB. So I managed to attach more than 12 MB.
Old 14-03-2009

Now Google had increase the file attachment limit in e-mails up to 20MB from 10MB.Which is good news, because other e-mail accounts such as Hotmail and Yahoo allows only few MB file attachment limit.
Old 14-03-2009

Gmail maximum email size is 20MB (Megabytes).This includes attachment also. Though they say 20MB you cannot attach a file exactly for 20MB. All the email providers encrypt the files attached with your email, so it will take another 1 MB or so.

So the real attachment size would anywhere around 18 to 19 MB

Yahoo only allows to attach 10MB
Old 14-03-2009

Gmail has doubled up the maximum attachment size from 10MB to 20MB, allowing users to send larger files of up to 20 MB (probably a bit less than that due to encoding) especially those space hungry pictures, photos, images, MP3s, musics, songs, videos and other multimedia contents. 20 MB attachment in each email is also a faster way to fill up 2.8GB Gmail provided, which seems like always unable to fill up.

The only problem in 20MB attachment size limit is that not all email providers support such a large attachment size. Other popular email services such as Yahoo! Mail and Windows Live Hotmail are only allowing 10MB for attachment size. So your email with larger than 10MB attachments will probably bounced back due to over limit error. However, you can safely emailing big attachments between Gmail users, where number of it keeps growing everyday anyway
Old 14-03-2009
matthewforu

Maximum size of attachment , in the gmil is the 20 MB

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: