Thread: Download Songbird 1.1

Download Songbird 1.1

Remain in the players after iTunes 8.1 to announce the release of Songbird 1.1. Recall that the latter uses Mozilla technologies (XUL interface) and is intended to be a direct competitor to iTunes, without the online store. Unlike its competitor, and despite the addition of a single decimal in the version, the number of innovations is substantial.

Here is the complete list of changes Songbird 1.1:
    • Adding simple kits directly in. The default source is Last.fm, but you can add it via an extension
    • Better support for MTP devices in Windows, with many bugs fixed and support an increased number of devices. In addition, support for Windows Media DRM has been added to transfer files.
    • Monitoring Issues: when this option is enabled, Songbird oversees all operations and changes in a tree in order to pass in the library.
    • Sort titles: unicode characters are supported, and artists whose name begins with "A" or "The" are better sorted
    • Normalization: if a metadata contain information about the noise level, including information specific to iTunes, they will be used
    • The size of the installer has been reduced by approximately 45% for Mac OS X and Linux
    • The use of large libraries requires 40% less memory
    • Importing music consumes 60% less memory
    • Several memory leaks corrected
    • CPU utilization divided by 2 while playing
    • Improved stability
    • Customizing the cache allocated to the library
    • Reading engine rewritten for better performance under Windows
    • Adding 7digital store (in beta) that allows you to buy and download tracks in MP3 format 320 Kb / s. No DRM is present, and the shop can download three times each title purchased.
    • The list of improvements is long, but it is the prerogative of youth programs. Version 1.2, scheduled for next month, should bring with them the equalizer, a customizable toolbar, import audio CDs and automatic recognition of metadata.

To Download Songbird 1.1 For Windows XP/Vista (13 MB)Click Here

Re: Download Songbird 1.1

Hello , Exact is a very good player, since version 1.0 and the addition of numerous plug-in.and also You can choose to watch a folder hierarchy for changes and the content will auto-magically be imported in your library. If a file is removed from the watched folder, the corresponding track will be deleted from your Library. I am looking for a visual plug-in like this:
    http://addons.songbirdnest.com/addon/1309 But it is more developed. Someone would see a similar plug-in? please Share it with me

Hello, Currently, I use Itunes. My library is about 60,000 files and ... it's very slow, because my computer is a bit old. I would switch to songbird to play more formats.Earlier I Version 1.0 had serious concerns about the memory leak when we had a big library: I hope they have a beautiful patch. a player is quite honest and has a dynamic team. Thank you

Hello I had given up to version 0.6, precisely because of its heaviness was not Bearable . But I reinstall version 1.0 and find improve responsiveness in terms of scrolling, memory and CPU was consistent. If it continued as firmly in the figures announced, It will come back. In particular, the interface is really nice and intuitive. I will except under Linux, however, when Exaile is indétrônable to me.

Hello, Read the New Features In Details From The Official Blog fo this Software

New Features
    On demand Fetching of Album Artwork
    Songbird can now fetch album artwork from the web at your command. Simply select or right-click a track and choose “Get Album Artwork”. You can also select your preferred source of artwork. By default, Songbird will retrieve album artwork from Last.fm but you can install other sources such as amazon.com via an add-on.

Watch Folders
    You can choose to watch a folder hierarchy for changes and the content will auto-magically be imported in your library. If a file is removed from the watched folder, the corresponding track will be deleted from your Library.

Better Sorting
    Library sorting supports unicode collation and better handling of leading definite and indefinite articles such as “The” and “a”.

Replay gain support (normalization)
    If a track’s metadata contains replay gain (including iTunes-specific) information, Songbird will adjust the playback gain appropriately.

Improved Media Core & Better gapless playback
    We rewrote the low level media core component for Windows to improve playback performance and lower cpu usage. Also, if an mp3 encoder places metadata information to indicate the exact beginning and end of the audio, Songbird is able to read it and use it to skip padding data that does not contain audio, leading to perfect gapless playback.

MTP Device Support
    We fixed many bugs affecting MTP devices on Windows. We’ve also added the ability to synch authorized Windows Media DRM’ed content to your MTP device. To see if your MTP device is supported, or to report your findings, visit the MTP device page.

7digital MP3 Store (Beta)
    Buy high quality MP3s (up to 320kbps) from the 7digital store in Songbird. The 7digital store in Songbird uses your most recently played tracks to recommend albums to you. Plus, 7digital contributes a portion of every purchase back to Songbird’s development. Every song you buy supports your favorite artist AND our development. Woot! The UK store is fully stocked, but the US and other European stores are still continuing to populate a complete catalog of music.

Performance Enhancements
    We’ve continued to make the application more stable and zippier in all sorts of ways. Amongst other things, you should notice a smaller memory footprint and decreased CPU usage.