Thread: Storage of large files online for a long time

Storage of large files online for a long time

I would be interested in things to store plan as a backup of the entire system, or photographs, or things like that. Come on, it would not be anything to go by downloading almost never (only if the system crash), but I would like to keep them for a long time on the server (many pages of storage are based on the amount of downloading files).

Re: Storage of large files online for a long time

Mozy which has a very good reputation but is not free. Free you have got Skydrive of Micrososft (no idea how that is) and have a third alternative as Live Drive.

Prefer not to pay. Skydrive is limited to files up to 50MB. I can split files into .Rar, but it's more hassle. And the Live Drive I do not know what it 30 days Free Trial.

EDIT: I've been doing a bit of the day, and what is excluded from Skydrive: I have a couple of backups of system and 4 ~ 7GB, and then almost 40GB of photos (basically, all the pictures of my life). I have a bandwidth increases, but if I have to divide this in fractions of 50MB and uploading of 5 in 5, its very hectic.

SkyDrive is an option and allows a total of 25GB. Google also offers storage spaces through Picasa (1 Gb only with the free version) and Google has a more docs office.

As you say, Mozy is as it seems better adapted to your needs, so I guess you may also look at Carbonite, but it received criticism for its service in the past, does not seem to be a poor service in general.