Thread: Cannot delete history in IE8

Cannot delete history in IE8

I have 2 PC's on a domain running IE8, my problem is that I need to stop IE from keeping a history of url's being visited.

I have gone into tools>internet options>browsing history > settings and changed it to 0 days, I've turned off all Auto Complete options in Tools > Internet Options > Content > Auto complete and I've clicked on the delete all button in the Delete Browsing History page. However despite doing all this all urls that I type in can be viewed when you click on the down arrow at the end of the address bar. Any idea what's going on? (all users are local admins of their own machines by the way)

Thanks

Re: Cannot delete history in IE8

A program that might help to delete these files is CCleaner, it completely free and also allows you to free up nice amounts of space on Windows XP and fix registry entrys.

In Fire Fox, tools > clear private data. Tick the boxes of the items you want deleted and hit ok.
    In IE, tools > delete browsing history. Either hit the buttons of the items you want cleared out, or hit "delete all"

InPrivate Blocking is designed to reveal a bit more information what tracking data is collected during your browsing session and enables users to block sites that have “seen” you across more than ten sites. Designed to blur the tracks of users on the Internet, the feature can manually choose items to block or allow, or obtain information about the third-party content directly from the site by clicking the “More information from this website” link. Microsoft said that Internet Explorer will only record data for InPrivate Blocking when you are in “regular” browsing mode, as no browsing history is retained while browsing InPrivate.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner View Post
    I have 2 PC's on a domain running IE8, my problem is that I need to stop IE from keeping a history of url's being visited.

I have gone into tools>internet options>browsing history > settings and changed it to 0 days, I've turned off all Auto Complete options in Tools > Internet Options > Content > Auto complete and I've clicked on the delete all button in the Delete Browsing History page. However despite doing all this all urls that I type in can be viewed when you click on the down arrow at the end of the address bar. Any idea what's going on? (all users are local admins of their own machines by the way)

Thanks
    To clear the browsing history
    click MY ACCOUNT
    click WEB HISTORY
    click REMOVE ITEMS
    there is an option to clear all web history, which will also turn off the "service" that collects history. Doing so, cleared the accumulated history in the google search box and restored it to the familiar box which includes the clickable clear history link.

hi,
    i use this tool for cleaning browers history like cookies & temp files..for this i tried System Cleaner as it useful in removing temp files, cookies, unneeded files and remnants of the uninstalled programs..!!It is the feature of (ASO) Advanced System Optimizer.. It also contains some other useful cleaners & optimizers that can fix ur PC & increase its performance..!!dis is da best cleaner i used so far. .
    it is available at Cnet.