Thread: Have You Tried CoreAVC with CUDA ?

Have You Tried CoreAVC with CUDA ?

Hi , I want To know that Have you the he latest version of CoreAVC with Cuda that Promises us the Light the Weight of Cpu I want To try but I m Unsure that it will support my Graphics card but I would Like to Hear From your your experiences about it , As i was thinking about upgrading my Graphics card and would Probably used it Later , also Suggest a goo graphic card will be good to use with these , Thanks in Advance

Re: Have You Tried CoreAVC with CUDA ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bina View Post
    Hi , I want To know that Have you the he latest version of CoreAVC with Cuda that Promises us the Light the Weight of Cpu I want To try but I m Unsure that it will support my Graphics card but I would Like to Hear From your your experiences about it , As i was thinking about upgrading my Graphics card and would Probably used it Later , also Suggest a goo graphic card will be good to use with these , Thanks in Advance
    Hello I Was just Wondering What is This Coreavc and also What is Cuda is These some kind of Technology. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Gagnesh View Post
    Hello I Was just Wondering What is This Coreavc and also What is Cuda is These some kind of Technology. Thanks in advance
    The CoreCodec CoreAVC High Definition H.264 video codec is based on the MPEG-4 Part 10 standard and is the video codec used in AVCHD, Blu-Ray and in HD-DVD. H.264 is the next-generation standard for video, and CoreAVC is being recognized as being the world's fastest H.264 software video decoder. The efficiency of CoreAVC in 'software' is often compared to be faster than other solutions that try to rely on 'hardware' to increase playback performance of H.264 video. CoreAVC is a proprietary codec for decoding the H.264/MPEG-4 AVC (Advanced Video Coding) video format.The decoder is currently one of the fastest software decoders, and even matches some hardware-based ones.This may allow computers with less processing power to play back lower-resolution AVC video content, and computers with more processing power to play high-definition video. CoreAVC supports all H.264 Profiles except for 4:2:2 and 4:4:4.

Quote Originally Posted by Gagnesh View Post
    NVIDIA CUDA is a general purpose parallel computing architecture that leverages the parallel compute engine in NVIDIA graphics processing units (GPUs) to solve many complex computational problems in a fraction of the time required on a CPU. It includes the CUDA Instruction Set Architecture (ISA) and the parallel compute engine in the GPU. To program to the CUDATM architecture, developers can, today, use C, one of the most widely used high-level programming languages, which can then be run at great performance on a CUDATM enabled processor. Other languages will be supported in the future, including FORTRAN and C++.

With over 100 million CUDA-enabled GPUs sold to date, thousands of software developers are already using the free CUDA software development tools to solve problems in a variety of professional and home applications – from video and audio processing and physics simulations, to oil and gas exploration, product design, medical imaging, and scientific research. With over 100 million CUDA-capable GPUs already deployed, thousands of software programmers are already using the free CUDA software tools to accelerate applications

Hello , It is nice that they added Cuda for GPU accelerated decoding. And CoreAVC is the fastest software (CPU) h264 decoder.But funny enough they have not had DXVA support or added it for some time. It is GPU accelerated decoding only narrower in it's application. And DXVA works on ATI cards too.For example, MPC Home Cinema edition has had DXVA support for some time now. Playing a very high bitrate video which supports DXVA decoding can take 50-75% CPU usage in CPU decoding mode. But only take about 3% CPU in DXVA mode (and the GPU doesn't break a sweat even).So ATI users are best off with MPC-HC for video playback. And it's free too.

Hello, This sounds great for the ION. MPC Video Decoder can take care of DXVA compatible streams while you can still fall back on CoreAVC+CUDA to handle non-DXVA compatible video (which would otherwise have been too much for the Atom).