Thread: Cannot Read Music Downloaded As Attachment

Cannot Read Music Downloaded As Attachment

Hello , A friend sent me to music as an attachment in my email. When I click on an attachment, It Got downloaded it,Till Here No problem, but when I open the file by Double Clicking , I Got the following error message: "unable to read this file ... etc" Does anyone can Tell Me How to Solve This Problem . You should know that I am not an expert in Computer Thank you in Advance for your Replies

Re: Cannot Read Music Downloaded As Attachment

Hello , the source of the songs may be modified. Store them in a proper locationa and then click on them to listen the songs. If u can hear then no problem, If u cant then Im afraid that the songs are corrupted

Hello , If it is a codec, you might try re installing WMP and see if that re installs the codec you need and solves the problem.Also, have you tried playing WAV's with other media players such as QuickTime, Winamp, or Real Player

Hello ,Make sure that a sound device is installed on your computer; if one isn't, just install one. In most cases, Windows will automatically detect the new hardware and install the necessary software drivers. If Windows does not automatically install the software drivers, run the Add Hardware Wizard to install them yourself (click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add Hardware).If you're still hosed, then run the Sound Device Troubleshooter by choosing Tools -> Options within Windows Media Player, then click "Speakers" on the Devices tab, then click Advanced (still with me?) then choose the Hardware tab and choose Troubleshooting after you've selected your own particular hardware.

If possible, plug a different output device into the computer. For example, if you have been using speakers, try a different pair of speakers or a set of headphones to make sure that the problem is not related to the device itself. Determine whether you can hear sound. If you can hear sound, there is a problem with the original output device and the issue is resolved. If you cannot hear sound, plug the original output device back into the computer Windows XP includes a troubleshooting program which could help you resolve your sound issues. Start the Windows XP Sound Troubleshooter automatically or manually and then answer each question on-screen in order to try to find a resolution.