Thread: Problem Playing Video with Mozilla Firefox ?

Problem Playing Video with Mozilla Firefox ?

Hello , I have a problem with playing videos on the Internet with Mozilla Firefox. On dailymotion and YouTube video starts to play but takes just 2 seconds after it stops and during these 2 seconds no sound. Or another site I can play the video but no sound.I Have This Problem on Mozilla Firefox only, otherwise Internet Explorer's is working normally. If anyone can help me please, thank you in advance for your answers.

Re: Problem Playing Video with Mozilla Firefox ?

Some sites with multimedia content may require you to allow popup windows or cookies or that you disable ad-blocking. Try the following:

• Verify that cookies are enabled in the Privacy panel in the Options window. Verify that the site is not blocked in the Cookie Exceptions list.
    • You can allow the website as an exception in the Firefox pop-up blocker. The "Block pop-up windows" option is found in the Content panel in the Options window.
    • For the time being, you can disable any ad-blocking software or Firefox extensions, such as Adblock or Adblock Plus. If the site works with ad-blocking disabled, you may want to add the site to your whitelist in your adblocker filter.

This has been reported in Adobe forums and elsewhere and appears to be a problem with version 9,0,115,0 of Flash. Reverting to an older version of the Flash player plugin can solve it. Actually FlashPlayer 9.0.115.0 is causing all sorts of playback problems; doesn't matter which browser or platform. Try an earlier version of Flashplayer like 9.0.47.0. and see if that helps. I don't know why Adobe still has the latest FlashPlayer 9.0.115.0 up there

Hello,

• If you go to Start Menu > Programs > QuickTime > QuickTime Player
    • and pull up an instance of the player, you can then go to Edit > Preferences > QuickTime Preferences > Streaming
    • Look at the second box where it says Enable Instant-On and remove the check mark from this box.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    • Restart Firefox (I prefer to go through TaskMan and kill the process so I can save all my open tabs in Firefox, but feel free to do your own thing).

(For the more advanced or knowledge craving amongst you, Instant-On is a setting in QuickTime to play streaming media without waiting for the buffer. It is enabled by default and unchecking it using the scientific method of changing only one thing per a browser restart led me to the conclusion that this was the fix)
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Hello ,The problem is is that Flash Player .dll file is in the Wrong Place. All you need to do is copy this file to the correct folder in Firefox and bada-bing, YouTube videos will play normally.

The file you want is either WPSWF32.dll - probably in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

or NPSW32.dll - probably in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed

Copy to:
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins